Something fun to watch: World Series

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The first two games have been entertaining. I haven’t watched either team until the playoffs. They seem to be polar opposites. Rangers built by analytics. Home Run or bust, but they don’t go bust often. Arizona is an old school team relying on small ball to score runs. Carroll for Arizona and Garcia for Texas are must see TV. I don’t know how good the Texas bullpen is, but with the way they can put up runs, it hasn’t been a problem too often.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’ve enjoyed watching the playoffs. I’ve pretty much tuned out football for the season. I definitely prefer Arizona’s style but pulling for the Rangers.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I haven't paid enought attention to MLB lately to know much of anything, but I guess I just assumed every team was now doing the HR or bust analytics, and throw 100 mph in short stints analytics. I figured small ball was all but gone. I know KC did a little of it back during their run, but I guess they lost it all? Any reason why they couldn't maintain?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Stratton pitched 2/3 of an inning last night out of the pen and was pulled for a left hander. I'm pulling for Texas but I like Arizona's style of baseball.

Olegreyboy

Oct 13, 2022
I’ve enjoyed the playoffs and first two games of the series. I made a small wager on the Rangers to win it all.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I know KC did a little of it back during their run, but I guess they lost it all? Any reason why they couldn't maintain?
I don’t know. I wonder if changing rules on the shift is a factor. I don’t watch enough baseball to have a clue why Arizona is doing it so well and other teams don’t. Also, it seems very easy for everyone to steal now. Is that because the pick off rules allow players to get bigger leads or do catchers suck now? I’ve basically only watched Yadi consistently for a while so I kind of expect all catchers to be that good.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
“Fun to watch” and MLB should never be included in the same sentence

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login