Sound of Freedom Movie (question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Man you're right, that's weird, you never really hear any criticism about the Clintons or Obamas.
Not much about hosting a serial sexual harasser from the cultural left. Bill Clinton, someone accused of sexual harassment and someone who paid off a woman he harassed, got to speak at the Dem national convention. Was there some uproar I missed?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Qanon is dumb. Some people have bad reactions to vaccines, something that's normal. Qanon decides that vaccines are now dangerous and part of some elaborate conspiracy to control or kill people. Cancer treatments brutalize some people but oncologists aren't part of some conspiracy to ruin the lives of others. I remember growing up in a mixed neighborhood how The Man was in charge of all sorts of nefarious things. I never found out who The Man was but apparently Q has.
Gonna have to agree with you and the squad on this. I had a friend of mine recently tell me that he now believes we really didn't land on the moon.

I just kinda stood there and drooled for a minute. But.....he drinks beer with me and we rant about things, so I overlook it.

I'll never forget the sheer stupidity of the masses during the past 3-4 years. And what's more depressing, is how I haven't found a way to get rich in the midst of all these idiotic peasants***

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Not much about hosting a serial sexual harasser from the cultural left. Bill Clinton, someone accused of sexual harassment and someone who paid off a woman he harassed, got to speak at the Dem national convention. Was there some uproar I missed?

This took 15 seconds, I'm sure there's plenty more if you'd like to do your own research.

Reactions: Dawgg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Gonna have to agree with you and the squad on this. I had a friend of mine recently tell me that he now believes we really didn't land on the moon.

I just kinda stood there and drooled for a minute. But.....he drinks beer with me and we rant about things, so I overlook it.

I'll never forget the sheer stupidity of the masses during the past 3-4 years. And what's more depressing, is how I haven't found a way to get rich in the midst of all these idiotic peasants***
We never landed on the moon and men can get pregnant. What is the more idiotic belief and which one is something virtuous people believe?

Reactions: dawgenstein

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

This took 15 seconds, I'm sure there's plenty more if you'd like to do your own research.

A few voices who don't matter. Conservatives criticize Q stuff too. I like how it's "after the scandal" and "we now need to talk about" even though that stuff has been around for years. After ignoring this stuff, it's now time we discussed it. It's an appropriate time now that both are out of office. Maybe in a decade or so we can get a documentary from someone on the cultural left questioning whether cutting off the breasts of autistic, confused teens was really gender affirming care.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashLA

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
A few voices who don't matter. Conservatives criticize Q stuff too.
Sure Jan GIF

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Human trafficking is just todays buzzword for slavery. Why can’t we just call a spade a spade?
Myself and Mrs Rotor will go see it when we can line up a babysitter.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We never landed on the moon and men can get pregnant. What is the more idiotic belief and which one is something virtuous people believe?
Well I’ve seen First Man and I’ve seen Junior****

• Haha

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
"It isnt a topic I have ever looked into- who does/doesnt support exposing child trafficking"
I responded to that, the idea that it isn't something you checked out because all reasonable people believe yada, yada, yada. I think that's a typical attitude that dismisses legit concerns about what actually occurs but is ignored or not even looked into because conservatives complain about it. All reasonable people support exposing sexual harassment and assault. Yet Weinstein was a friend of the Obamas and Clintons and they aren't criticized for hosting the guy at the White House.
OK, you introduced sexual harassment I to the discussion though and that really confuses things because while that is also abhorrent, it deserves a fundamentally different discussion from child trafficking.

Those who knew about Weinstein and did nothing were part of the problem and hopefully they are either out of positions of power, or they have learned to speak up and take action.
From what I have read, many who knew were financially tied thru employment and so they felt powerless to speak up since it would hurt their life. Not justifying their silence, but mentioning that since it is drastically different from knowing about child trafficking and doing nothing.

Again though, Weinstein and Epstein are separate.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
OK, you introduced sexual harassment I to the discussion though and that really confuses things because while that is also abhorrent, it deserves a fundamentally different discussion from child trafficking.

Those who knew about Weinstein and did nothing were part of the problem and hopefully they are either out of positions of power, or they have learned to speak up and take action.
From what I have read, many who knew were financially tied thru employment and so they felt powerless to speak up since it would hurt their life. Not justifying their silence, but mentioning that since it is drastically different from knowing about child trafficking and doing nothing.

Again though, Weinstein and Epstein are separate.
O.K. All reasonable views. I conflated the two as an aspect of human trafficking. Hollywood's grooming and exploitation of girls isn't human trafficking but it was allowed and accepted, or not criticized, because of the role of money in funding Dem politics. That's the point I was making. It's not just that some conservatives/Republicans exaggerate stuff, like thinking Drag Queens are reading to kids in more than just a few school districts and that's a sign of a vast pedophile ring wanting to groom kids in a pizza place that's protected in DC, but that Dems sort of ignore some of the legit issues that animate and outrage Republicans. They don't seem to care until it becomes obvious. It seems to me that the minute activists on the far left claim some belief is the moral position to hold, Dems fall in line or remain quiet if they disagree with the current moral certainty until enough people on their team oppose it publicly. It's like they need cover and yes I think that's true of the right but less so. But, I do think it's easy to ignore some of this stuff the right draws attention to as long as there are large numbers of Republicans who support Qanon, Trump and think that being incredibly ignorant of public policy and putting a gun to a woman's head (H. Walker) isn't enough to not vote for someone. A lot of what we see today is just tribalism.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Anybody who is saying “They” don’t want you to see this movie is just a part of the right wing conspiracy “everyone is out to get us” group. The movie is in wide release across the country, carried by some of the biggest movie theater chains in the country, which is pretty rare for an independent film. It also got really good reviews from mainstream movie critics. A 77% score on rottentomatoes.com, which is a higher score than the new Indiana Jones movie has. It being in wide release and having very good movie reviews doesn’t really scream “they don’t want you to see it” to me.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The fact that we are fighting over something that actually shines a light on the human trafficking of CHILDREN is sickening. I don't care if the Devil finally put the subject on the national radar.

Why does everything in this country have to turn into a left or right pissing match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login