Sounds like little Lane got in trouble

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I, for one, think people who ***** about fake injuries should just get over it.

I hope Ole Miss fakes an injury on every play tomorrow.

ETA: Ole Miss’s statement was incredibly stupid imo. It is basically an admission of something everyone knows but can’t prove. They should have changed nothing until if and when the rules are changed.

• Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
My vote would be until the next change of possession.
Would this not be viewed as incentivizing players to play through injuries? Seems like a liability issue.

ETA: I think the happy medium is until the next first down. If the issue is the defense trying to slow down the offense, sitting until the next first down is usually a max of 3 plays (more in the case of penalties/repeated downs). That isn’t as punitive as the entire possession and should adequately disincentivize faking injuries (for the most part).

Last edited:

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I, for one, think people who ***** about fake injuries should just get over it.

I hope Ole Miss fakes an injury on every play tomorrow.

ETA: Ole Miss’s statement was incredibly stupid imo. It is basically an admission of something everyone knows but can’t prove. They should have changed nothing until if and when the rules are changed.
Spoken like a true Rebel

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Maybe not this season but Ole Miss is sure making it hard for the people in charge to look the other way.
The OM narrative is "we meant to do that". They say Lane is doing it on purpose to make the conference address it. They say Lane complained about it being done to them to slow them down, and the conference ignored him. We all know that's total BS, and just OM being OM. He really is perfect for OM. No other coach could fit that douche fan base better

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
If teams would use code words for flopping, I don’t see where you could stop it. Being stupid and obvious, yes.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If teams would use code words for flopping, I don’t see where you could stop it. Being stupid and obvious, yes.
It can be stopped. All the rules' makers have to do is say if he is truly injured, he needs to sit out until the next series or if they want him back in it will cost them a time out. They can make rules that will stop it without penalizing guys who are really hurt. All kine of ideas out there to stop it without penalizing a hurt guy. It's going to take a school like GA, LSU and Bama complaining to make it happened.

Reactions: Dawgg and WilCoDawg

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
It can be stopped. All the rules' makers have to do is say if he is truly injured, he needs to sit out until the next series or if they want him back in it will cost them a time out. They can make rules that will stop it without penalizing guys who are really hurt. All kine of ideas out there to stop it without penalizing a hurt guy. It's going to take a school like GA, LSU and Bama complaining to make it happened.
Ok. Consider this- Why does the fake injury issue only get a memo issued but the conference is more than willing to fine 2 schools for rushing a TURF field? Where’s the common sense in that? Oh, I forgot we’re talking about a conference who allowed Missouri in simply because of a tv market. Piss on them.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Egg Bowl , on every defensive we are rotating d lineman every play anyway so the lineman going out should just fall down and require assistance. We can get a few walkon athletic trainers because the real guys would get awfully tired. It’s not going to stop til someone brings it to a head.

Reactions: GloryDawg

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Can we address Those two ball headed 17 tards, that run on the field with the smelling sauce and icy hot every time one of those 1mm dollar DL’s hit the ground…

I’ve coined them the “Boo Man Group”
All they’re missing is the PVC pipe organ drum set and a third member tossing rainbow colored paint into the air.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ok. Consider this- Why does the fake injury issue only get a memo issued but the conference is more than willing to fine 2 schools for rushing a TURF field? Where’s the common sense in that? Oh, I forgot we’re talking about a conference who allowed Missouri in simply because of a tv market. Piss on them.
My point was it could be stopped. It's going to take the AD, School President and HC for the right schools to get involve for it to happen.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Would this not be viewed as incentivizing players to play through injuries? Seems like a liability issue.

ETA: I think the happy medium is until the next first down. If the issue is the defense trying to slow down the offense, sitting until the next first down is usually a max of 3 plays (more in the case of penalties/repeated downs). That isn’t as punitive as the entire possession and should adequately disincentivize faking injuries (for the most part).
I don’t think so. If you’re really too injured to continue, sitting out one play really isn’t a lot of time to heal anyway.

You could make the argument it would do the opposite because it would take away any sideline pressure to go back into the game before the injured player is ready.

Jul 11, 2024
It’s just poor sportsmanship, basically cheating. they need to institute a rule where you have to sit out a certain amount of plays every time you fake injuries to disrupt play.
It’s not cheating. It’s allowed by the rules. But they should change the rules.
1st injury - 1 play
2nd - 2 plays
3rd - 3 plays

something to make it where people won’t do it as much.

But it definitely is poor sportsmanship.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login