South Alabama vs Tulane

Del B Vista

Dec 9, 2010
That helmet reflects the sentiment of the city pretty well when it comes to Carnival. Some serious Mardi Gras beef with NOLA in Mobile.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Mobile is 15 years older than New Orleans. First Catholic church was established the same year as the city founding. So they got a claim.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
New Orleans was the first to do Mardi gras balls as pre Lenten celebrations. But no parades. Mobile was the first to do parades, but they did them on New Year’s Day like those 17’n Protestants would. We (Nola) took their parades and showed them where to put them when we did them on the way to our Mardi Gras balls. It’s convoluted but roll wave on this one.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Gee, I wonder which town does Mardi Gras better??

Grow up Mobile, you're too old to act and dress this way.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The battle for eating meat one last time before fasting. It's not who wins the party but who devotes themselves to prayer for 40 days, and gives to the poor.

Reactions: AFDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Mobile is 15 years older than New Orleans. First Catholic church was established the same year as the city founding. So they got a claim.
The automobile wasnt invented in Detroit, but I would say Detroit is the home of auto.
Similarly, New Orleans may have not been where Mardi Gras was first recognized, I would say New Orleans is the home of Mardi Gras.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Mardi Gras in Mobile. Nothing like it in the world. Everyone knows that.***

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Mobile has the family friendly Mardi Gras. New Orleans really embraces the debauchary of the whole thing. Tbh, now that I’m older with a wife and kids, I’d probably order the Mobile Mardi Gras.

was21

May 29, 2007
The automobile wasnt invented in Detroit, but I would say Detroit is the home of auto.
Similarly, New Orleans may have not been where Mardi Gras was first recognized, I would say New Orleans is the home of Mardi Gras.
The home of Mardi Gras is Rio De Janeiro

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
The home of Mardi Gras is Rio De Janeiro
Argue Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Carnival pagan origins started long before the emergence of Christianity as it was a celebration that featured prominently in many pagan cultures’ calendars. Where was carnival invented? It has been speculated that carnival origin, carnival origins of the world’s biggest party, were some 5000 years ago with the Egyptians others speculate it was the Greeks. In ancient Egypt and Greece there were festivities that occurred around the cycles of nature and the universe.

was21

May 29, 2007
Argue Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Carnival pagan origins started long before the emergence of Christianity as it was a celebration that featured prominently in many pagan cultures’ calendars. Where was carnival invented? It has been speculated that carnival origin, carnival origins of the world’s biggest party, were some 5000 years ago with the Egyptians others speculate it was the Greeks. In ancient Egypt and Greece there were festivities that occurred around the cycles of nature and the universe.

What I mean when typing "home" is that's where the most fun is had.

Reactions: dorndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login