Sparky Woods siting. NC/NCSt game. Blast from past.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Hard not to like the NC St. coach. Loved everything about his interview post game.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He left State to go to NC to coach with Brown. Did he go to Texas with Brown? Looks like he is back at NC with Brown.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Two years in a row NC State rips UNC’s heart out in the rivalry game. That loss pretty much kills Clemson’s chance at the playoff. They’ll play probably an unranked UNC team in the ACC Championship Game. No way they get in the top four even if they win big. The ACC is garbage this year.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Two years in a row NC State rips UNC’s heart out in the rivalry game. That loss pretty much kills Clemson’s chance at the playoff. They’ll play probably an unranked UNC team in the ACC Championship Game. No way they get in the top four even if they win big. The ACC is garbage this year.
I've lived in ACC country for 25+ years. FIFY. 😊

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
jeebus. i had to look this up to remember who sparky woods was. this is like back when south carolina first joined the sec in th 1980s

Oct 3, 2008
My lasting memory of Sparky was after our miracle win in 99 Egg Bowl. We rush the field, tear down the goalposts, and gather on the field outside the M-Club waiting for players/coaches to come out. Everyone is chanting “Jack-ie, Jack-ie” hoping for Jackie to come out.

Instead, Sparky comes out and someone yells “Hey Sparky!” (who then turns around, smiles, and waives at the crowd) “YOU SUCK!!!”

Sparky just puts his head down and walks away. We won that game despite Sparky’s terrible play calling thanks to Joe Lee Dunn’s attacking defense, Robert Bean, Eugene Clinton, and Scott Westerfield.

• Angry
Reactions: AROB44

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016

Gotta like that!!
And relate to it as well.

I have a sparky woods autograph on a mantle in my office. I know you are thinking why would he have that and also admit it….well it also has Jackie, joe Lee and Jack Cristil’s autograph as well….(part of the goalpost from 99 egg bowl).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login