Spencer Sanders to Ole Miss…

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Yikes! Sanders was Big 12 POY in 2021 when he led OSU to the Big 12 championship.

I swear Kiffin could fall in a pile and come out smelling like a rose. A month ago he was down to one qb with the loss of Reed to TAMU. Ironically, if Reed doesn’t bolt Kiffin probably doesn’t go after Howard. No doubt, Fisher offered Reed a ton of cash to stick it to Kiffin. That didn’t turn out well for Fishman.

If Dart stays and keeps the job, which he well could, Kiffin will have the best qb room in the conference. I’m sure he will put in some packages for Sanders who is probably the best runner of the three.
You’re being too obvious.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No sh*t sherlock. Sounds like there is more than one idiot involved in this deal. And a coach who really doesn't care too much for the players.
You mentioned bomb debris and my point was that there is no bomb debris when there is no bomb. Sanders knows who he currently has to compete against.
Players who know they will need to compete and are certainly aware that coaches promise the world results in no bomb debris at the end. Everyone is going into it knowing they will need to compete and may be one that loses out.
...or maybe one transfers yet again and sits out a year. That also happens and is a very well known possibility.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You mentioned bomb debris and my point was that there is no bomb debris when there is no bomb. Sanders knows who he currently has to compete against.
Players who know they will need to compete and are certainly aware that coaches promise the world results in no bomb debris at the end. Everyone is going into it knowing they will need to compete and may be one that loses out.
...or maybe one transfers yet again and sits out a year. That also happens and is a very well known possibility.
There will be bomb debris. Someone is getting lied to here.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If he's just taking a big payday, why is Ole Miss spending precious NIL money on two QBs, one of which is not clearly an upgrade over their current QB and only has one year of eligibility? Obviously more good players are better for Ole Miss, but you'd think they'd want to save that NIL money for a bigger need.
Apparently they just have plenty to spend thus my curiosity of where it's all coming from .

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah no question. I just can't understand this. Not to mention anyone who would start for multiple years and then leave his team is just a little wacky in the head. Unless you've given up on an NFL dream and are just looking to make a little NIL money for one more year. Same goes for that Wake QB who went to Notre Dame. Unless there were some coaching changes I didn't know about.

This just makes zero sense.
Fans grow tired of QBs, the backup is always better if your starter isn't playing great.

Let's say Rogers is our starter next year and he puts up the same stats as Sanders did. A LOT of our fans would be ready for him to move on after starting for 4 years. Some don't want him back now. I assume it's the same situation.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Fans grow tired of QBs, the backup is always better if your starter isn't playing great.

Let's say Rogers is our starter next year and he puts up the same stats as Sanders did. A LOT of our fans would be ready for him to move on after starting for 4 years. Some don't want him back now. I assume it's the same situation.
Well that's the million dollar question. Did Gundy and/or Poke fans actually want this guy gone? Because if they did, that's an entirely different equation. I was under the impression that this guy was some good QB.

Looking at his bio, damn he's a 6th year guy. Is he not looking at the NFL draft? He collapsed last year apparently.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Regardless of what Kiffin tells them, these guys are well aware of how transfers work and that only 1 can play at a time. Sanders coming in means Sanders knows that Dart played all last year and is a competent QB. It also means Sanders knows that Howard will be at Ole Miss since that announcement just happened.
Sanders is very aware that Ole Miss currently has 2 QBs. He is a high level D1 player and by now also knows that promises from coaches mean nothing.
If Kiffin told them all they will all win the job, thats on these guys for believing it. All are transfers from high level programs and have been thru this before.
Consistency isn’t your thing is it

msudawglb

Aug 24, 2013
This may be more about screwing over Auburn and Freeze than what's best for Ole Miss. Both Spencer and Howard were heavily recruited by Auburn. I'm sure there are some boosters that are more than willing to cough up NIL to keep QB's away from Freeze. In the Spring, I'm sure they are more than happy for 1 (or 2) to transfer out while still screwing Freeze and getting the best option for the Ole Miss offense.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If he's just taking a big payday, why is Ole Miss spending precious NIL money on two QBs, one of which is not clearly an upgrade over their current QB and only has one year of eligibility? Obviously more good players are better for Ole Miss, but you'd think they'd want to save that NIL money for a bigger need.
Not only NIL, but chemistry too. You know ole Lane had to promise Dart a starting role when he came in last year and promise Sanders a starting job this year.

One thing about Walker Howard, Bo Bounds said he is more concerned with starting than NIL. So I wonder if Lane promised Walker the 2024 starting job (which would mean he's looking to jettison Dart who has two years left)?

Last edited:

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I mean, Ole Miss is always going to have a good QB as long as Lane is there. They can only play 1 guy at a time. Maybe some drama will come out of it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The portal is going to jump up and bite them in the ***. The rules are going to change on them, and they will not have a good foundation.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
If Dart doesn’t win the starting job, he plans to go on his Mormon mission for two years before transferring to BYU**

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The portal is going to jump up and bite them in the ***. The rules are going to change on them, and they will not have a good foundation.
I believe portal changes are gonna happen. I understand someone who knows they ain't sniffin' the two deep but the others lookin' for nothing but a pay day should stop. If the coach and player decide mutually he needs to look elsewhere, then that's fine IMO. But the HC needs to approve of the transfer. Tsun prolly doesn't do much old fashioned 'crootin these days, they just stay on their laptops searching ON3 portal pipelines.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I mean, Ole Miss is always going to have a good QB as long as Lane is there. They can only play 1 guy at a time. Maybe some drama will come out of it.
I know I'm going to enjoy watching it slowly play out. I love this strategy by them. Similar to the years where they recruited 37 receivers and no defensive players. They still haven't fielded a defense yet because of it, and I am here for it. We simply have to wait patiently through recruiting season and then the non con games when they are overranked aGAIN. Then the shine will be off the turd soon enough. Rinse, repeat.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I know I'm going to enjoy watching it slowly play out. I love this strategy by them. Similar to the years where they recruited 37 receivers and no defensive players. They still haven't fielded a defense yet because of it, and I am here for it. We simply have to wait patiently through recruiting season and then the non con games when they are overranked aGAIN. Then the shine will be off the turd soon enough. Rinse, repeat.
They most definitely should have used some of that money and effort to find some folks on the defensive side of the ball.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Regardless of what Kiffin tells them, these guys are well aware of how transfers work and that only 1 can play at a time. Sanders coming in means Sanders knows that Dart played all last year and is a competent QB. It also means Sanders knows that Howard will be at Ole Miss since that announcement just happened.
Sanders is very aware that Ole Miss currently has 2 QBs. He is a high level D1 player and by now also knows that promises from coaches mean nothing.
If Kiffin told them all they will all win the job, thats on these guys for believing it. All are transfers from high level programs and have been thru this before.
If Howard hasnt signed anything or isn't on campus he can still go somewhere else. Unless he's already signed.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
They have been using transfer qbs for years. Remember the Oregon qb?
It is still an amazing stat: Matt Corral is the only high school QB to sign with Ole Miss and finish their college career as the Ole Miss starting QB since Eli Manning.

This will become more common in the new college football, but this wasn’t normal from 2000 to 2018.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's funny. You have players just having an asking price, may not even play. Then you broker a deal and free money even if they ride the bench.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
But will it be good enough to beat Kentucky. That's the $9M question

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Update on this. According to the Bo Bounds radio show, Sanders may be able to use his grad transfer in May if he doesn't win the job in spring. I suspect though, that Sanders got assurances that the job was likely his in 2023.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Update on this. According to the Bo Bounds radio show, Sanders may be able to use his grad transfer in May if he doesn't win the job in spring. I suspect though, that Sanders got assurances that the job was likely his in 2023.
Grad transfers are not bound by portal windows. They can bolt any time as long as they can enroll in time for the next upcoming semester

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Grad transfers are not bound by portal windows. They can bolt any time as long as they can enroll in time for the next upcoming semester
Just to be clear, the Ole Miss beat writer did not say this was likely or even doable, just that it may be a possibility. I'd bet that Sanders will be the rebel starter in 2023 and Dart will be the one looking to leave.

Reactions: mo7888
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login