Spread has plummeted

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Feeling better about Levis starting would be more of my reasoning.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sorry guys, but at 4.0, I'm going to put some money on us. I 17ing hate that I'm probably going to cause us to lose to Kentucky while I lose money, but maybe we'll just squeak it out by three and it will just screw me without screwing the team.

Reactions: Hot Rock
Aug 16, 2018
Stoops said today he hopes to get him back "full strength or near full strength" for Saturday.

Dude, was in street clothes and a boot last Saturday. He won't be near a 100%.

Oh yeah, he's the most sacked QB in the conference already.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The only thing that gives me pause about this game is that it’s a road game at night. Everything else tells me we are the better team and should win by a touchdown or more.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The only thing that gives me pause about this game is that it’s a road game at night. Everything else tells me we are the better team and should win by a touchdown or more.

I’m inclined to think its going to be a defensive struggle that doesn’t come that close to the current OU of 48.5. Everyone’s focused on Levis and the UK offense as far as the game expectation. But UK’s defense is Top 20 in the country in total defense and also #32 in yards per play allowed. And we know that our D can be pretty salty.

Seems very much like a 24-17 or 20-14 type game. I think both offenses are going to struggle at times.

Reactions: Hot Rock

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’m inclined to think its going to be a defensive struggle that doesn’t come that close to the current OU of 48.5. Everyone’s focused on Levis and the UK offense as far as the game expectation. But UK’s defense is Top 20 in the country in total defense and also #32 in yards per play allowed. And we know that our D can be pretty salty.

Seems very much like a 24-17 or 20-14 type game. I think both offenses are going to struggle at times.
Solid defense but so was A&M. And much like A&M, they don’t rush the passer particularly well.

It’s also tough to compare us to anyone else they’ve played. Florida, Ole Miss, and SC are far more run heavy than we are.

That said, both teams are near the top of the league in time of possession. So it’s definitely possible this is a lower scoring game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Solid defense but so was A&M. And much like A&M, they don’t rush the passer particularly well.

It’s also tough to compare us to anyone else they’ve played. Florida, Ole Miss, and SC are far more run heavy than we are.

That said, both teams are near the top of the league in time of possession. So it’s definitely possible this is a lower scoring game.
We had them at home though. Kentucky will be playing at home and have some juice with Levi's back. They have had their sails taken out after last two weeks though. I doubt they were the same team that they were even at Florida.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We had them at home though. Kentucky will be playing at home and have some juice with Levi's back. They have had their sails taken out after last two weeks though. I doubt they were the same team that they were even at Florida.
This game is more about State than Kentucky. If we play a clean game, they don’t have the juice to beat us. They need us to keep them in the game with self inflicted wounds, because otherwise this is not a good matchup for UK.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It seems we struggle on D with a mobile QB so ok there

It seems we struggle on O with a physical defensive pass rush so ok there

It seems we struggle on O with physical DBs that can play man I think we are ok there

We always struggle kicking FG & XP

It seems we should win but sometimes things aren't what they seem so this line movement has me spooked by how much and fast it's moved.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
KY has been a over rated average football team all season. The O line can't pass block. Just look at the number of sacks. The QB makes a lot of Mistakes. Just like last season they are playing a weak schedule. They have a lot of injuries. Their moral is down. Listen to Stoop press conference he looks like a man facing the gas chamber. Two loses in consecutive weeks. They started to listen to the media hype and they have been brought back down to ground. Once this stuff starts it is hard to stop. Then there is Miss State. These guys are playing with fire. They are playing the best they have played in long time. They are hungry. Do I have some worries yes but only because the home team has been winning this game a lot but this KY is not good.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Based on recent history it comes down to a field goal or goes into overtime

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Opened at 7.0-7.5. Down to 4.0 today. Really surprised there’s been so much action on it so far this week
i hope it drops more. now i won't hafta work harder at anti-woofing

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This game is more about State than Kentucky. If we play a clean game, they don’t have the juice to beat us. They need us to keep them in the game with self inflicted wounds, because otherwise this is not a good matchup for UK.

There’s no question about that. If we bring our A-game, we win going away….Levis or not. Problem is, we rarely bring our full A-game on the road, and we rarely ever bring it 3 games in a row. We’d be doing both if we show up that way on Saturday. So ultimately, there is a high probability that we’re going to have to figure out a way to win without our best effort. The trap game potential is extremely high.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Playing clean is a key role in the game Saturday night. We have done a much better job of not making those big penalties that hurt us the past few weeks, and we need to keep that up.

We need to make them turn over the ball, not us.

We need to make as few mistakes as possible while playing on the road in their house. The perfect game would be to start with good momentum and keep them down like we did last week

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is not going to be an easy game. They will be the best team we have played so far.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

State will put up 30+. Kentucky has yet to play against a good QB.

Reactions: CE Dog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Things have changed since KY won @ UF and we laid an egg @ LSU. Just think what the line woulda been at THAT juncture. KY is already at that "What coulda been" mindset since not beating an Avg SEC team in Oxfart thus the egg just laid at home VS a below avg SEC SC team. I still think AR & A&M are above avg SEC teams and spanking them back to back has us in a "What could be" mindset. I think we are better than them mentally right now and have better athletes overall. STATE 34 (1 missed PAT) KY 24.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Listened to this thing called ‘The Blue Sea’ today. It told the Kentucky fans that the only reason we beat A&M and Arkansas was that we were playing only backup QBs.
(I distinctly remember that last year we pick off Levis three times and ****canned him on his *** numerous times.) Their fan blog stated ‘with Levis back, Kentucky victory was all but assured.’ Hell, fellas, we are backing the wrong team.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm sorry guys, but at 4.0, I'm going to put some money on us. I 17ing hate that I'm probably going to cause us to lose to Kentucky while I lose money, but maybe we'll just squeak it out by three and it will just screw me without screwing the team.
Where is 360? We need an intervention.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I remember how confident everyone was that we were going to beat LSU.

Nothing is a given, and nothing is ever over at halftime, thankfully for us at Auburn last year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Holy crap at the wool in here. And I’m one of the Leach supporters.

This is a road game in the SEC against a decent team. Makes me wonder how many of y’all have ever watched SEC football before.

Going to be closer than we want it to be. Their crowd will be loud. Be ready. But, we all know that many of you won’t be, and you’ll be right here bitching about coaching.

i see some saying their wind has been knocked out of them. That stuff changes weekly in college football. We beat aTm on their field last year and one week later they beat Alabama on the same field, with an even livelier crowd. Shouldn’t they have been subdued?

again. Get ready for a war.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I remember how confident everyone was that we were going to beat LSU.

Nothing is a given, and nothing is ever over at halftime, thankfully for us at Auburn last year.
I predicted a loss to LSU. Kentucky is fools gold. They are not a good team especially with all the injuries.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I’m a little worried about our offense and kicking if it’s raining, but I think the defense makes Levis wish he sat another week. We’ll see how well he can scramble after being in a boot.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I think it’ll be a tight game but their offensive line is paper thin. We should be able to get to Levis and shake him up a bit. Our offense is what makes me nervous yes we’ve been firing on all cylinders but if they disappear for a quarter we’re screwed.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
2014 was the last time a visiting team won in this series. Just saying!

Aug 16, 2018
2014 was the last time a visiting team won in this series. Just saying!
And this the best team since 2014 to play there too.

They will play hard. They are backed into a corner because of the USC loss. But Levis will be less than a 100% playing behind the worst OL in the SEC and third worst in FBS. The worst? That's the Akron Zips.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login