Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Primary interest is following former State players

Votes: 32 28.1%

• Total voters

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
With the NFL starting up on Thursday, interested to see how NFL fandom is spread out here.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
With the NFL starting up on Thursday, interested to see how NFL fandom is spread out here.
1. Saints
2. Dak
3. Former State Players

I've come to the point though where I will watch Dak over the Saints because he directly affects State in my opinion and Derek Carr makes me mad on every snap.

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I grew up a Saints fan, but I've lived in three different NFL cities and found my Fandom to be as loyal as a free agent. Very much a fair weather fan.

I clicked Falcons because I live here, but I can't even name more than 2 or 3 current players. And 2 of them are QBs.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
1. Saints- I lived outside New Orleans from the 6th grade until I graduated high school. I am a fan despite those being some very bad years
2. Cowboys - I lived in Shreveport for three years before moving to New Orleans and Shreveport is or was a Cowboy town, not a Saints town. So when I was 8 the Cowboys beat the Broncos.
3. Whoever I'm betting on in a given week

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
1. Former State players — I do this for all sports
2. Saints — local interest
3. 49ers — Family lived in the Bay Area and I was there for several months working for Stanford once upon a time

I’ve never been to an NFL regular season game and only have been to one preseason game way back in the 70s at Atlanta - Fulton County Stadium— probably ‘77 as I recall that Richard Keys was on the Falcons roster at the time.

Reactions: Dawgg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Grew up a Broncos and Saints fan. Nowadays I just pull for State players.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
1) Former State Players
2) Denver Broncos

Those used to be reversed. Maybe it will switch again with Sean Payton at the helm.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Follow our players.

Would pick Dak if they were actually in a position to win.

If I had to default, I’d go Saints, then Titans, then maybe the Bills.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
1. Bills. Reasoning: The first thing I ever remember about football was being 6 years old and watching OJ go over 2000 yds in a season against the Jets in the snow. Football in the snow to a 6 year old from south Mississippi = major wow factor! Plus, I thought the buffalo on the side of the helmet was cool as he'll. Been a fan ever since.
2. Follow MSU players.
3. Whoever is playing the Chefs.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
1. Saints
2. Dak
3. Former State Players

I've come to the point though where I will watch Dak over the Saints because he directly affects State in my opinion and Derek Carr makes me mad on every snap.
Derek Carr is a quarterback you sign when you don't want to be at the bottom of the league but you aren't serious about winning either. Jameis Winston also fits that bill, as does Andy Dalton. When the Saints get serious about winning again, then I'll get serious about watching them again.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
1. Saints
2. Dak
3. Former State Players

This is me.

1. Saints
2. Dak
3. Former players
4. Due to having several former players on these teams recently, I find myself subtly pulling for Chiefs and Eagles when they play.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t pull for a team or change teams based on a player. I wish them all the success in the world.
Super Bowl Hello GIF by Brook Dorff

Reactions: HRMSU and aTotal360

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Grew up a Cowboy fan, but I pulled for other teams because of the players. When Jimmy Johnson was let go it was my final straw with Jerry Jones.

Became a Patriots fan because of Brees, Parcell, and Martin. Been a fan ever since.

Still a Patriots fan, but I also pull for State players. Primarily Dak and the Cowboys. As soon as Dak as is gone the Cowboys will be dead to me again as long as Jerry runs that team.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
1. 49ers
2. Titans
3. And this a very distant 3rd, but I’ll mostly pull for Dallas as long as Dak there

I wish pretty much all State players good will, and I’ve got nothing against Chris Jones, but one thing I can’t do is root for the 17n Chiefs. I cannot stand that team

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
1.) Follow State players
2.) Whoever is playing the Saints (I had to watch them on TV as my only option for years and years, plus Archie can go to hell)

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I grew up in S MS as a Saints fan entire childhood, HS and college days and into adulthood watched them almost exclusively. I graduated to splitting some time w/ Cowboys and Saints when Dak was drafted.

Now, I don't give a rats arse if I ever watch another NFL game. Tired of 4 hr games w/ dumb azz commercials, dumb azz players that act like they are above the law, penalty flags on defense if they get near a pre-Madonna** QB, etc etc. I'd much rather mow the grass w/ a beer in my hand, weed the garden, cook, stare at the sky, anything than sit inside and watch NFL. I'm slowly getting that way about NCAA too........

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
1) Dak
2) Other State players
3) Texans
4) Chiefs

NOTE - When Peyton Manning was still playing, he was the primary player I followed. He and Dak didn't overlap, so no conflict of interest there.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Grew up a Cowboy fan, but I pulled for other teams because of the players. When Jimmy Johnson was let go it was my final straw with Jerry Jones.

Became a Patriots fan because of Brees, Parcell, and Martin. Been a fan ever since.

Still a Patriots fan, but I also pull for State players. Primarily Dak and the Cowboys. As soon as Dak as is gone the Cowboys will be dead to me again as long as Jerry runs that team.
Eh....loved Jimmy and Jones has his issues although he's more successful than I could ever be...BUT Jimmy was no Angel in that breakup. Lot of ego to go around with that breakup. Jimmy, Jerry and Barry were all on the Hogs Natty team so long history there for sure.

MississippiTexan

Jun 11, 2014
1. Texans
2. Saints

I grew up an Oilers fan living in Houston. I moved to Mississippi in 94 and when the Oilers left in 96 I adopted the Saints as my favorite until Houston got the Texans. I pull for Dak but hate the Cowboys almost as much as I hate the Titans. And the Adams family that owns the Titans can suck it until they give the Oiler name and uni's back to Houston.

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
Grew up a Saints fan. I kind of stopped paying attention to them though. Nowadays, I'm a very fair-weathered Bills fan. I love the game of football, but I struggle to find an NFL team to latch on to.

1) Bills
2) Former MSU players
3) Whatever benefits my fantasy team.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Don't watch but I do check on Dak's stats. I don't watch wrestling either but would keep up with a State player's record.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
There are some teams in the NFL that just draw you in and make you a fan. Pretty much no lifetime loyalty between fan, program or players unless you live in the shadow of the stadium.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Always was a Steelers fan.

Started in elementary school I think because we had the same colors (kids think this way).

It didn’t hurt that this was the Bradshaw era and they were dang good then.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Always been a Saints fan and they're still #1, but I'm afraid I'm raising my daughter to be a Cowboys fan because of Dak. If Dak got traded tomorrow I would root for whoever he went to and wouldn't give two chits about Dallas, but I think she's ingrained now...

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
1) State players
2) Mississippi players
3) Cowboys / Saints
4) Tennessee / Green Bay
5) Whoever is really good that year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login