SPS Magazine 2024 Week 2

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The prices have gotten really wild. I know if I go to dinner with my family that it will be $100+ unless it’s a fast casual place. For those places, it’s at least $75 now. We ate at our normal Mexican restaurant last week. It was the first time the bill was over $150. It’s friggin rice, beans, lettuce, salsa and meat made in 100 different ways. $150 is out of control.
My 16 year old and I had dinner last night at a Korean place, $75 all in, zero alcohol.

Realistically, the only way I can beat that price at home is to buy meats in bulk at costco.

• Wow
Reactions: DerHntr

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
UPDATE:

Finally picks place. Finishes dinner. Pays 2 times as much as we paid 18 months ago.

Me: how was your dinner? You didn’t finish a lot of it. Do we need a to go box?
Mrs: It was ok. I should have gotten the other thing I wanted. We don’t need a box.
Me: I’m sorry you didn’t like it.
Mrs: We should have had Mexican (or one of the other places suggested in the restaurant selection game just an hour ago).
My solution to this age old problem, and it works:

I get the mule-in-blinders look, straight ahead, cruise with hands white-knuckling the wheel at 10-and-two, and calmly but firmly explain: “If YOU don’t make a decision by the time we reach xxxx, I’m going home and frying up a bologna sandwich”

You will absolutely have to follow through on this threat, but only once.

Reactions: Dawgbite
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login