State booing Chris Jackson

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I was at that game. Smoke was stronger than Shaq so he could never get over us like he did everyone else. That group Richard Williams brought in all at once was special.

That one shot with the confederate flag is definitely not in the Hump, blue rails give that away.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

Youtube clip from JP sports broadcast. You can hear crowd noise. It's not anything crazy. It was the 89-90 season.

Chris and Shaq lost that one. Won the one in Baton Rouge that year. Chris went 1 for 4 against State. Shaq went 3 for 6.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Youtube clip from JP sports broadcast. You can hear crowd noise. It's not anything crazy. It was the 89-90 season.

Love the interlocking MSU on the floor. I wonder how many of our fans knew that he didn't know who his father was. This is the first I've heard that he didn't know his dad. "Who's your Daddy!" was a familar chant back then to indicate you were better than your opponent.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Piss on him. Probably 1/4 of the residents of Mississippi don’t know who their daddy is and 1/4 of the residents of Mississippi who think they know who their daddy is are wrong.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
So the game in question was televised so they have the whole game on tape, but they intercut a shot of an Ole Miss crowd and a guy waving a confederate flag, when they know that was not in the crowd that night. And people wonder why the media isn’t trusted these days? They put that shot in there to push an agenda that Mississippi schools are racist and waved confederate flags at black players in an effort to intimidate them. Doesn’t matter that it’s not factual and an editing job. Just push that agenda.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
any of y'all remember this?

trump fake news GIF

I was at that game. I think he is making **** up.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I doubt that we even had 3 whites on our entire roster.

This, all day long.

These stories are such virtue signaling BS.

Does racism exist. Absolutely, but it goes in every direction and it is continually getting better, not worse.

What we have a problem with is WAY to much "news" that doesn't inform anybody about anything that is really vital to improving themselves or their world.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The idea of the story is to somehow connect Chris' story to Kaepernick's story. Both protested the national anthem. And trying to build the case that whites hate them both. I mean it's Mississippi right. Must be true. Shaq even said it lol. RIGHT. With our team having 80% black players. 👌

To do that they used an Ole Miss video cut in a basketball game at State. Hinting at the *air of racism*. Because students chanted "who's your Daddy". Because absent Dad's are only one color. Maybe State was his Daddy because we beat him 3 out of 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
The NY post is promoting the film because their woke punkass corporation likely bankrolled the film. That's how journalism operates these days.
The New York Post is the LEAST woke newspaper in the country. i read it multiple times every day , as soon as the content refreshes. they are owned by Rupert Murdoch and Fox. they are the ones who discovered the hunter biden laptop and were trying to draw attention to it for years while all other publications chose to ignore it. sensationalistic , yes, woke, hell no.

Reactions: AFDawg and onewoof

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
The New York Post is the LEAST woke newspaper in the country. i read it multiple times every day , as soon as the content refreshes. they are owned by Rupert Murdoch and Fox. they are the ones who discovered the hunter biden laptop and were trying to draw attention to it for years while all other publications chose to ignore it. sensationalistic , yes, woke, hell no.
The Office Thank You GIF

Reactions: drexeldog23

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
So you're saying Hunter Biden's laptop is a sensationalistic story and not filled with his dIIck pics, coke dealers, secret Chinese bank accounts and other godless Commie democratic party stuff.
Who owns Showtime and why is the NYPost posting this WOKE garbage?
Murdoch is obviously no longer part of team Trump. If he and Fox ever really were.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So you're saying Hunter Biden's laptop is a sensationalistic story and not filled with his dIIck pics, coke dealers, secret Chinese bank accounts and other godless Commie democratic party stuff.
Murdoch is obviously no longer part of team Trump. If he and Fox ever really were.
Your shift button keeps getting stuck when you type woke.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i was talking about the NY Post being sensationalistic as a whole. i can assure you that no where in my post did i say anything about d... pics. i have no interest in things like that, to each his own i suppose. i have no idea what Showtime has to do with any of this, even though i am currently watching Your Honor on Showtime. i liked the 1st season more than i am currently liking this season.

Reactions: dorndawg

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
It's like the writers have never been to a collegiate basketball game. Chants get mean and nasty all the time - maybe their sequel can be about the ACC games when UNC's Jeff McInnis was rumored to be carrying on with Phil Ford's (a UNC asst coach at the time) wife. Opposing crowds leaned into that rumor HARD.

Reactions: onewoof

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
He was booed because he went to LSU and Dale himself personally paid him and Shaq to go there. They neglected to point out that we were both fighting for the SEC West title. They also neglect to include how terrible LSU fans, and others, can be.

Chris went to LSU to try to be the next Pistol Pete. He was from Gulfport and the best I can remember seeing ever in person in college. But he and Shaq got their *** beat that game and another one I think. Play the victim card all you want but LSU lost because State was better and tougher as a team.

No he was not singled out because he was black. He was singled out because he was a great player and the air was not a "air of racism" it was an air of "we will kick your *** on this court with tougher players than you" and screw you for leaving our state to play for that loser coach and loser team you chose. :)

There was no confederate flag flown at that game, Showtime is race baiting is what this is, another feaux controversy to get viewers to ultimately pay for their service. If Chris would have been white, he would have been hounded EXACTLY THE SAME. In the NBA he went and did the National Anthem protest thing, Showtime is really reaching to connect a story to Chris that just is not there. But I can say that we do like reminding him and Shaq they both lost to State, its very nice to recall that fact.
I was at this 17'ing game and of course, you are correct - my booing of Chris Jackson was because I was pissed the best player in the state (maybe the best player ever in the state) went to MF'ing LSU.

Nothing to do with race. Ask Sean Murphy how he was treated during the same era. We roasted him and his dad too, who happened to be on the court with him, and you won't see two whiter dudes at Augusta this year. Ridiculous.

lanceharbor7

Feb 24, 2008
I’ll never forget Natchez High Vs Gulfport …either simis or south state…..I’ve told this story on here before…. but to cliff note,

I was the water boy for NHS and always sat next to Chis’s future teammate, Vernel Singleton…he was my idol.

During warmups, it was my job to count Chris Jackson’s makes/misses…..I was a HUGE fan of the pistol….and I just remember being in complete AWE at how quick Jackson was with the ball…and how similar he moved like Pete.

His “tick” pretty sure he has Tourette syndrome….was to bend down and untie then tie his shoe back, super fast.

If he was moving during a play or engaged with the ball, he would be 17ing with that shoe.

…but all jokes were off when he had the ball…he was unstoppable and completely in control of his body. He was a remarkable basketball player and should be recognized as much
Who was the guard that played for Natchez High after/during Vernel's years? And yes, Chris Jackson, was one of the most amazing basketball players I've ever seen.

lanceharbor7

Feb 24, 2008
We were far worse to Pat Summit in 94 (I think) when Tenn played the women right before the men played Arkansas. We also gave Corliss Williamson hell that day.

The students had camped out all night before the game and we were rowdy!

Good times!!
I was at that game too. Who was the guard who separated his shoulder on a screen for Ark? Nolan Richardson stared down the student section.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I was there. He was booed because every MSU fan in the building knew exactly why the traitor to his state went to LSU. He DESERVED every last BIT of it. That was also when the Hump was developing into the absolute snake pit it was for most of a twenty-year stretch. Those were the days! I was a season ticket holder along with my late Dad for ALL of it. WHAT a time to be a MSU basketball fan! Going to the Hump was FUN!

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm sure I could care less but I have no idea how. Good grief what is it with people that wake up every day and try to figure out how people offended them in the past? If this is the complaint, the one thing he wants everybody to take note of, then I think he has had a pretty easy road.
Correct. If this is Chris Jackson pinnacle he should salute the American flag every morning and evening and thank God for allowing him to grow up in a place that allowed him to get paid a lot of money to play basketball.

America is so bad for minorities 🙄

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
That dude could flat knock people out with his screens.

My favorite memory of Bulldog Basketball from that era was Whit Hughes and Darryl Wilson ”competing” to see who could take the most charges.

Those were good times!
OMG - a Whit Hughes reference! 😄

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Who was the guard that played for Natchez High after/during Vernel's years? And yes, Chris Jackson, was one of the most amazing basketball players I've ever seen.
Man, I’d have to ask dad, he was the PA announcer and Mike Martin is my UNC, coach.

Wanna say his last name was Warren.

My memory tends to blend everything together from 1987-1993 …so many incredible memories…

so many hostile moments going over to Brookhaven and up to Jim Hill. Murrah was a mad house.

But I’ve never witnessed anything quite like that brawl at the Big House after Natchez won State. 17ing nuts

Reactions: lanceharbor7
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login