State gets a football transfer from Purdue

Purdue11

Oct 6, 2022
He was passed up by all the transfers we brought in so he def was not a starter. He quit mid practice last week. Respectfully, he’s not very good

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How does this help us? We have an established starter and then the other side is locked up with Furge/Richardson, both of whom are good enough. Why take up a scholarship for this guy who is brand new, a week and a half before the season starts?

Reactions: BA Dog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Ron English was his coach last year, maybe he missed being called a shitbird?

Seriously though, I don’t care how talented he is, I would have no faith in a guy that has been practicing a 3-4 for 8 months coming to a team with a 3/3 (or 4/2) 5 and practicing a week. That’s asking for blown coverages. Maybe he has impact next year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Nonsense. Let's put up billboards for his Heisma?]n campaign in Times Square.
We need to hurry up and have the whistle for kick-off, don't we?

Purdue bot? Sorry, you don't exactly have much credibility. You haven't made one OT post.

Lies No GIF

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
100% just an experienced depth piece. We lost a freshmen secondary player due to personal reasons back home so adding some older experienced guys back there is never a bad thing

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The fact that we are adding a transfer from Purdue doesn't for depth bother me, the fact that it's apparently being considered newsworthy by many is a bit troubling **

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
How does this help us? We have an established starter and then the other side is locked up with Furge/Richardson, both of whom are good enough. Why take up a scholarship for this guy who is brand new, a week and a half before the season starts?
Well we are 9 days from playing football and we have 1 extra scholarship. We can give it to a grad transfer who has started games for an SEC program and a Big 10 program who just played in the Big 10 title game, or we can give it to Jim Bob Snuffy who is 5 foot 7 and plays hard and did well at Noxapater High School 4 years ago. I know which option I prefer. He’s not going to play meaningful reps, but if we have an emergency he’s good depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Ron English was his coach last year, maybe he missed being called a shitbird?

Seriously though, I don’t care how talented he is, I would have no faith in a guy that has been practicing a 3-4 for 8 months coming to a team with a 3/3 (or 4/2) 5 and practicing a week. That’s asking for blown coverages. Maybe he has impact next year.
I don’t think the coverages for a corner are gonna change much between a 3/4 and a 3/3 or 4/2

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
Hunter Washington was running with the 1’s last week with furge and Richardson as backups. I’m not sure if it was due to injury or Washington out performing, but Washington could start as well.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
They definitely can. It won't be a seamless transition. All cover 2, 3, quarters, etc are not the same.
If a corner can’t transition from a cover 2, 3, 4 in a 3-4 to any other defense, he probably ain’t gonna make the field even at Purdue.

I’m not down playing the lack of practice time with the team, but that’s gonna be a lot more about terminology and chemistry versus scheme or defense.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
From Purdue or from the school y'all poached him from ? Let's get specific. Dude started 13 games over the last 2 years with 47 tackles 10 pbus 3.5 tfl 2 sacks 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery and led the team with 3 interceptions. Sounds to me like quality depth at least

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Most guys in the portal are there because they did not start where they were. Just saying.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Good for depth. He'll be ready soon enough. But, look for a "noodle legs" post soon because he's only 180 pounds.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Good for depth. He'll be ready soon enough. But, look for a "noodle legs" post soon because he's only 180 pounds.

Well, noodle legs, especially noodle hips, are kinda good as a corner. Except when you're helping on the run D.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
He was passed up by all the transfers we brought in so he def was not a starter. He quit mid practice last week. Respectfully, he’s not very good
He may very well turnout to be a bust, but w/o JB, harbaugh hangs 60+ on you guys.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login