State of the bubble

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think we probably need to beat Florida, but there could be a path to us still getting in with a loss if the conference tourneys have favorable results and the committee, like it has at times in the past, doesn’t put much emphasis on these tourneys other than auto bids.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If we lose tomorrow, I won't care too much if we don't get in because that would tell me we're not ready for prime time yet. Knowing the importance of the game, our players need to beat a team with a 60 Net Ranking. A team that basically doesn't have a shot at the Big Dance. If we can't win under those circumstances tomorrow, I'm just not sure we deserve to get in.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Crazy game in the WAC last night where Montana State survived double overtime to move to the championship game.
0 implication on whats being discussed in this thread, but man I do love the end of the season where teams are fighting to continue.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Crazy game in the WAC last night where Montana State survived double overtime to move to the championship game.
0 implication on whats being discussed in this thread, but man I do love the end of the season where teams are fighting to continue.
If folks aren't watching the litany of conference tournament (men's and women's) games playing out on ESPN+ right now, they're missing out.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Its the first time he's had Wisconsin out. Lunardi doesn't control the committee, but he gets information.

From this morning's update with ZERO results, he's moved Wisconsin out of the tournament for the first time all season and moved Vanderbilt from next four out. That tells me the committee says that Wisconsin has work to do and Vandy isn't really being considered without a big run.

Also has Rutgers out and Penn State in from this am
Lunardi gets information? Nah. The committee isn't leaking stuff. Lunardi is guessing based on criteria he knows they will be using when they meet. Just like Palm is doing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login