State Reps holding hearing into Presidential Search...

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
<div class="article-headline"> <h1><font size="2">http://clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080317/NEWS/80317041</font>

<font size="3">State Reps call hearing on MSU president's search</font></h1> <p class="ratingbyline">The Clarion-Ledger • March 17, 2008</p> <div class="article-bodytext">

MSU's Alumni Association and others are holding a hearing Wednesday to discuss the upcoming MSU presidential selection process. The hearing is set for 8:30 a.m in Room 113 of the Capitol.</p>MSU President Doc Foglesong announced his resignation earlier this month.

State Rep. Steve Holland, an MSU graduate, and State Rep. Kelvin Buck were listed as contacts in the announcement. Neither could be reached for comment this afternoon. According to the news release, Commissioner of Higher Learning Tom Meredith will "discuss transparency in the MSU presidential selection process."

Some MSU faculty members complained they were not allowed enough input when Foglesong was selected to lead the school in 2006. Meredith has defended the search process, saying that making the applicants' names public might deter those interested in applying for the job. </div> </div>

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
that makes me feel better. Having those brain scientists in the legislature taking care of it, won't in any way make it more of a cluster *$$# than it already is..Jesus. I'm embarrassed that fat fool Holland is a State grad. What a toolshed. I damn sure don't want his input. He'll want Kenneth Stokes or somebody like that.

ColMuldrow

Apr 3, 2007
He went to Rust College, not that you have to be affiliated with MSU to be involved or anything. I have just seen him try to get involved where he is not wanted too many times in the past. He is a racist jerk who turns everything into a black/white issue.

bulldog21

Mar 16, 2008
same way again this time. The search needs to be done openly and not secretly. I hope the guys mentioned above will make sure that dummy Meredith will change his mind. Everyone related to bulldognation needs to be clued in on the search from start to finish!

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
<font face="Arial">...and here's a list of people on the committees (people with MSU ties in bold).

House:
</font>
<font face="Arial">Universities and Colleges
Charles L. Young, Chairman; Kelvin Buck, Vice-Chairman
Members: Noal Akins; Toby Barker; Charles Jim Beckett; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Donnie Bell</span>; Cecil Brown; Clara Burnett; Credell Calhoun; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Kimberly L. Campbell</span>; Tad Campbell; Alyce G. Clarke; Becky Currie; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Mark DuVall</span>; James Evans; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Herb Frierson</span>; Jack Gadd; Esther Harrison; Gregory Holloway; Steven A. Horne; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Mac Huddleston</span>; Roger Ishee; Kevin McGee; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Dannie Reed</span>; Margaret Rogers; Ferr Smith; Gary V. Staples</font>
Senate:
<font face="Arial">Universities and Colleges
Doug E. Davis, Chairman; Sampson Jackson II, Vice-Chairman
Members: Hillman Terome Frazier; Tommy A. Gollott; Alice Harden; W. Briggs Hopson III; Billy Hudson; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Gary Jackson</span>; Tom King; Nolan Mettetal; Gray Tollison; Johnnie E. Walls, Jr.; J. P. Wilemon, Jr.</font>
People whose names are in bold have attended and/or graduated from MSU.

skip dog

Nov 15, 2005
do you have more of the girl on the left in the pink w/o her hand in the way of that picture perfect gapage ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login