Steve is currently melting down on Genes.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Cut and paste the highlights, please. I consider myself an FOS, I hope he's not going overboard.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
He’s going on a banning spree because people are calling him out for not knowing anything and being wrong during the entire OC hiring process.

He also threatened banning anyone who downvoted his thread.

It’s a hilarious read.
It’s pretty glorious.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
I like Steve. Not my first choice if there are a few options in the podcast queue but he does a service for MSU and I can certainly appreciate that.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He’s going on a banning spree because people are calling him out for not knowing anything and being wrong during the entire OC hiring process.

He also threatened banning anyone who downvoted his thread.

It’s a hilarious read.

So he's banning people who pay actual money to read his stuff??

That seems smart**

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think when you allow an agent to play our university like a fiddle by leaking info, you deserve to be corrected. Firmly.

Coaching hires are private. The age of the Internet message boards and social media changed that. Private. The end.

In fact, to battle the agent, if it goes public the deal is over immediately. The end.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sometimes when you go for an extended period of time without weed then take a strong hit and wig out. They say the schits real strong these days.

• Sad
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Sometimes when you go for an extended period of time without weed then take a strong hit and wig out. They say the schits real strong these days.

I can confirm it's nothing like the twigs and stems I had a few times in college.

At least that's what a friend told me.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I think when you allow an agent to play our university like a fiddle by leaking info, you deserve to be corrected. Firmly.

Coaching hires are private. The age of the Internet message boards and social media changed that. Private. The end.

In fact, to battle the agent, if it goes public the deal is over immediately. The end.
You Have So Much To Learn Season 2 GIF by BET Plus

Aug 3, 2011

This argument makes no sense. An agent doesn’t need a media member or fan site to play the university. They literally have first hand knowledge and can give the information themselves. Nobody is signing a NDA to interview for an OC position.

Dude just doesn’t have a firsthand source any more so he isn’t in the loop as much as he previously was. It is what it is.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This argument makes no sense. An agent doesn’t need a media member or fan site to play the university. They literally have first hand knowledge and can give the information themselves. Nobody is signing a NDA to interview for an OC position.

Dude just doesn’t have a firsthand source any more so he isn’t in the loop as much as he previously was. It is what it is.
Look at the raises of Kiffin, Pearl, Briles and many other coaches. The agent absolutely wants it to be leaked. It becomes a bidding game for his client. I honestly think the school should do an NDA with the agent and the coach. If it's leaked it's over. I understand the concept of paying a coach "whatever the market will bear" and that schools can counter offers with each other privately. When it goes public it creates a brand crisis that is in the coach and agent's favor. Not the school.

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg
Aug 3, 2011
Look at the raises of Kiffin, Pearl, Briles and many other coaches. The agent absolutely wants it to be leaked. It becomes a bidding game for his client. I honestly think the school should do an NDA with the agent and the coach. If it's leaked it's over. I understand the concept of paying a coach "whatever the market will bear" and that schools can counter offers with each other privately. When it goes public it creates a brand crisis that is in the coach and agent's favor. Not the school.
I’m not saying it isn’t advantageous for the agent and coach for the info to leak. I’m saying they don’t need some beat reporter to leak it. They can literally tell people first hand. It would be way better for the hiring university to get NDAs for interviewees and their agents but I don’t see that ever happening.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Steve is all about Steve and his internet cred got crushed by Arnett and he’s salty about it.
Steve is a pretty smart dude, I’ve enjoyed reading his books but he looks like a goof ball with his “Locks”, tats and little round hat. I wonder what our recruits (& their parents) think when they come to campus and have him approach them for an interview? Im glad for him & his family’s sake he kicked his habit yrs ago but he still looks like a user. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

I’m sorry, but have you never seen the pattern of Chris Low leaking (insert Jimmy Sexton client name) for (insert University name and position) with a phrase saying “top offensive mind”/“top defensive mind”/“top recruiter” in the country and see that Jimmy Sexton client get an extension at their existing school that they either accept or use as leverage to increase their offer from the prospective school?

Do you not understand how that leak applies pressure to the administration because it puts the information in the hands of the boosters/donors/fanbase?

Aug 3, 2011
I’m sorry, but have you never seen the pattern of Chris Low leaking (insert Jimmy Sexton client name) for (insert University name and position) with a phrase saying “top offensive mind”/“top defensive mind”/“top recruiter” in the country and see that Jimmy Sexton client get an extension at their existing school that they either accept or use as leverage to increase their offer from the prospective school?

Do you not understand how that leak applies pressure to the administration because it puts the information in the hands of the boosters/donors/fanbase?
Do you not understand that the agent can give them that information directly? There is no leak. It’s literally just one of the parties making it public. It’s not some super secret conspiracy with elaborate details that creates a need to find the “mole” that leaked the information from the inside.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Or you can put him on ignore.
Or I can go ahead and let him block me since he's so thin skinned like Gene and prefers to eliminate the people that disagree rather than discuss it or admit he's wrong. You know, same reason this forum was founded?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login