Steve is currently melting down on Genes.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
He’s going on a banning spree because people are calling him out for not knowing anything and being wrong during the entire OC hiring process.

He also threatened banning anyone who downvoted his thread.

It’s a hilarious read.
I can’t believe he’s actually banned/threatened to ban people for downvoting. That’s some totalitarian bullcrap. I’ve seen him make a similar comment before and couldn’t make my brain process that’s actually what he meant, but I guess it is.

Reactions: She Mate Me

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
I can confirm it's nothing like the twigs and stems I had a few times in college.

At least that's what a friend told me.

If memory serves me correctly, on average
the hippies in the 60’s smoked 3-4% THC flower
The 90’s were maybe 8-10%
Early 2000’s were 15-18%
Now you can get as high, no pun intended, at 35%

I present to you Motorbreath, a cross of Chemdawg and SVG OG Kush. Chemdawg is the legendary strain that this dude in Massachusetts has been cloning the same plant for 30 years. It came from a bag of swag he got at a Greatful Dead concert. Or rather, he got some more after the concert from the same batch and started the first mother.

This is 27.9%. I’ve had a few of these today. It’s very diesel heavy on the flavor. Loud and pungent. Hits quick and gives instant pain relief and a great nights sleep.
4A3F5962-C5E2-480F-B389-AD5ACC643B05.jpeg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If memory serves me correctly, on average
the hippies in the 60’s smoked 3-4% THC flower
The 90’s were maybe 8-10%
Early 2000’s were 15-18%
Now you can get as high, no pun intended, at 35%

I present to you Motorbreath, a cross of Chemdawg and SVG OG Kush. Chemdawg is the legendary strain that this dude in Massachusetts has been cloning the same plant for 30 years. It came from a bag of swag he got at a Greatful Dead concert. Or rather, he got some more after the concert from the same batch and started the first mother.

This is 27.9%. I’ve had a few of these today. It’s very diesel heavy on the flavor. Loud and pungent. Hits quick and gives instant pain relief and a great nights sleep.
View attachment 297081
I love when potheads, whiskey drinkers (guilty as charged), gun enthusiasts, and sports memorabilia guys post pics of their goodies and expect the entire board to bust a nut as if they’d just given us a secret look at Kate Upton’s tits. I love this about us.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Bet Gene is glad he got out when he did. I know of several who have cancelled their subscriptions in the last few months.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Do you not understand that the agent can give them that information directly? There is no leak. It’s literally just one of the parties making it public. It’s not some super secret conspiracy with elaborate details that creates a need to find the “mole” that leaked the information from the inside.
You are clearly over your head in this conversation. I challenge you to put a link in this thread to any agent directly exposing ongoing negotiations between a coach and a school. Video, article. It doesn't matter. ANY link you wish. You should take the L on this and quit while you're behind.

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I love when potheads, whiskey drinkers (guilty as charged), gun enthusiasts, and sports memorabilia guys post pics of their goodies and expect the entire board to bust a nut as if they’d just given us a secret look at Kate Upton’s tits. I love this about us.

Well,

I'm not a pothead...

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Cannot wait for Robbie and Paul to leave that hellsite so I can follow them. Also I visibly cringe when I see folks in public rocking his gear.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
You don’t need a secret look at Kate Upton’s tits. They’re on the internet. Google is your friend.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You don’t need a secret look at Kate Upton’s tits. They’re on the internet. Google is your friend.
i cant old school GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Steve is a pretty smart dude, I’ve enjoyed reading his books but he looks like a goof ball with his “Locks”, tats and little round hat. I wonder what our recruits (& their parents) think when they come to campus and have him approach them for an interview? Im glad for him & his family’s sake he kicked his habit yrs ago but he still looks like a user. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
Who cares what he looks like? You people all concerned about image are pathetic.

I’ve had issues with Steve in the past too. I had walked out of Reeds in Tupelo where I’d heard Chris Garrett on the phone committing to Les Miles. Posted it on GP and they called me out because he didn’t get to break it. Oh well.

As I get older I appreciate his homerism for MSU. I wish others were more like that.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Bet Gene is glad he got out when he did. I know of several who have cancelled their subscriptions in the last few months.

Gene was a huge goober, but he at least provided a ton of baseball content. No one at 247 has really taken over covering baseball in depth.

Robbie decided to hyper focus on women’s basketball for whatever reason.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Steve is a pretty smart dude, I’ve enjoyed reading his books but he looks like a goof ball with his “Locks”, tats and little round hat. I wonder what our recruits (& their parents) think when they come to campus and have him approach them for an interview? Im glad for him & his family’s sake he kicked his habit yrs ago but he still looks like a user. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
These is the most ole miss sounding post ever

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I think when you allow an agent to play our university like a fiddle by leaking info, you deserve to be corrected. Firmly.

Coaching hires are private. The age of the Internet message boards and social media changed that. Private. The end.

In fact, to battle the agent, if it goes public the deal is over immediately. The end.
Steve is all about Steve and his internet cred got crushed by Arnett and he’s salty about it.
W
Look at the raises of Kiffin, Pearl, Briles and many other coaches. The agent absolutely wants it to be leaked. It becomes a bidding game for his client. I honestly think the school should do an NDA with the agent and the coach. If it's leaked it's over. I understand the concept of paying a coach "whatever the market will bear" and that schools can counter offers with each other privately. When it goes public it creates a brand crisis that is in the coach and agent's favor. Not the school.
Why would an agent advise their client to sign an NDA? And why would a coach who has leverage do that?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Gene was a huge goober, but he at least provided a ton of baseball content. No one at 247 has really taken over covering baseball in depth.

Robbie decided to hyper focus on women’s basketball for whatever reason.
Gene only left in June or July, so, not much baseball content to cover since then......

Reactions: BigDawg0074

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
W

Why would an agent advise their client to sign an NDA? And why would a coach who has leverage do that?
Because the school requires it. It would be even better if their salaries were not public as well. Just like UM did with Kiffin.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Who cares what he looks like? You people all concerned about image are pathetic.

This take depends on whether or not he considers himself a professional. If you are charging money for your services and getting media credentials, you are a professional.

I take one look at him and he looks very unprofessional. Could care less about what he looks like or how many tattoos he has. Grooming and attire matter and should be appropriate for your career. His is not. Trim your beard, find a better way to present the dreads or cut them off, get rid of the ridiculous hat, and put on an appropriate shirt instead of the Megadeath melt your face tshirt.

We all have work attire/grooming and stuff we wear on our personal time… otherwise I’d get to wear my assless chaps, nipple chains, and gimp mask around the lumberyards.

Aug 3, 2011
You are clearly over your head in this conversation. I challenge you to put a link in this thread to any agent directly exposing ongoing negotiations between a coach and a school. Video, article. It doesn't matter. ANY link you wish. You should take the L on this and quit while you're behind.
Your logic is puzzling. The agent doesn’t have a press conference and announce his client is in negotiations. But there is absolutely nothing stopping them from reaching out to Ross Dellenger and saying “hey we are in negotiations with x school.” I don’t understand why you think it would have to come from somebody on the hiring school’s side. It makes way more sense for the Coach or Agent of the Coach since any pressure just gives them slightly more leverage because they don’t have to answer to a fan base directly.

The athletic departments are very rarely hearing of it for the first time from media unless that coach was unhappy. It going public really only rushes timelines because people get antsy and want the outcome to be decided quickly.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You can find pictures of those out there too.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Honestly, I thought this was a picture of the coleslaw he makes for his barbeque until I read the post.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Cannot wait for Robbie and Paul to leave that hellsite so I can follow them. Also I visibly cringe when I see folks in public rocking his gear.
Whatever, I actually legit love my Starkvillain shirt.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This take depends on whether or not he considers himself a professional. If you are charging money for your services and getting media credentials, you are a professional.

I take one look at him and he looks very unprofessional. Could care less about what he looks like or how many tattoos he has. Grooming and attire matter and should be appropriate for your career. His is not. Trim your beard, find a better way to present the dreads or cut them off, get rid of the ridiculous hat, and put on an appropriate shirt instead of the Megadeath melt your face tshirt.

We all have work attire/grooming and stuff we wear on our personal time… otherwise I’d get to wear my assless chaps, nipple chains, and gimp mask around the lumberyards.
I agree on AD or president. Rosey runs a fan site. The people bitching aren’t worried about professionalism. They are worried about how recruits and other fans view us, and that’s pathetic. It’s a cancer that has plagued our fanbase for a long time.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
It would be really awesome for them to join a new site or make a new site. That would be really cool.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login