Steve Robertson needs to be banned immediately from anything representing MSU where they actually show him.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Everyone needs that best friend that isn't scared to tell them the truth.

He looks like a custom wrestler that my 7-year-old would create in WWE 2k23.
Steve would take that as a compliment. And he is clean. Personally I don't like the dreads either.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
He looks like a homeless person that they dressed up to testify in court. I know he loves State and has done good things, but damn dude clean yourself up.
My dad hates him, while also buying every book he's ever written and subscribing to everything he does.

It is an odd situation. I'm all for self expression, but for him to be the defacto face of the MSU press....he could look a little nicer.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He looks like a homeless person that they dressed up to testify in court. I know he loves State and has done good things, but damn dude clean yourself up.

I don't think of him as "representing MSU" any more than I thought of Fancy Yancy representing the University of Northern MS. They are/were both a couple of so called writers trying to make a living off of MSU but in no way does Steve "Run DMC Hat" Robertson represent us. Joel "Woooo" Coleman represents MSU but not the others, at least not to me

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't see the problem. I wish our fanbase as a whole cared much less about what people thought about them, as evidenced in this thread.

We need MUCH more diversity of appearances at MSU. I mean you can almost define the entire MSU fan uniform.

Guarantee you Mike Leach didn't give two sh*ts about these sorts of things. What sucked is seeing him smooze with all the appearance police sheep and watching them ask idiotic questions. While Mullen and Kang were more mainstream, I don't think they really cared either.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Steve made sure the world knew about the shenanigans that Freeze & the Landsharks were up to.

The state media outlets would not touch it. In fact, Kellenburger was helping cover it up.
The CL fired the only guy on their staff that was trying to dig in for some investigative journalism.

MSU has very little respect within sports media. Not just nationally, but within our state.
They will walk all over a great story about State to work up a feel good story at ole ms.

Steve ain't perfect, but he is trying to provide decent coverage for us. I'll support the man and give him props.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"We need MUCH more diversity of appearances at MSU. I mean you can almost define the entire MSU fan uniform."

Please tell us more.

Reactions: bassdawg

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Steve made sure the world knew about the shenanigans that Freeze & the Landsharks were up to.

The state media outlets would not touch it. In fact, Kellenburger was helping cover it up.
The CL fired the only guy on their staff that was trying to dig in for some investigative journalism.

MSU has very little respect within sports media. Not just nationally, but within our state.
They will walk all over a great story about State to work up a feel good story at ole ms.

Steve ain't perfect, but he is trying to provide decent coverage for us. I'll support the man and give him props.
I don’t have any issue with what Steve has done, he’s been great. But his greasy dreadlocks and top hats are cringe

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I don't think of him as "representing MSU" any more than I thought of Fancy Yancy representing the University of Northern MS. They are/were both a couple of so called writers trying to make a living off of MSU but in no way does Steve "Run DMC Hat" Robertson represent us. Joel "Woooo" Coleman represents MSU but not the others, at least not to me
A so call writer? How many books do you need to have published before you're a real writer? Hey, I'm not a fan of Steve's appearance, but I am a fan of the man he is. Our paths have crossed several times and he's a down to earth, super nice guy. Add to that all that he's done for Mississippi State. He has my support - 100%.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I honestly think Steve is on crack if he thinks we will win 10 games.
This is the flip schedule where our toss ups are on the road. We typically do better when TAMU and Arkansas and auburn are at home rather than bama and lsu. Ole miss at home hasn't gone well for us lately. Kentucky home should be okay but I'm glad I we have a different staff for that game this year that will be more balanced.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I honestly think Steve is on crack if he thinks we will win 10 games.
This is the flip schedule where our toss ups are on the road. We typically do better when TAMU and Arkansas and auburn are at home rather than bama and lsu. Ole miss at home hasn't gone well for us lately. Kentucky home should be okay but I'm glad I we have a different staff for that game this year that will be more balanced.
It's going to be tough. I haven't looked up who USC and aTm have returning. However USC finished strong last year. They have a lot of momentum. aTm could be better on offense with Petrino. Auburn will be better coached. We are going to have to be really good.

Big Dawg81

Oct 7, 2019
I’m not a Steve fan but has nothing to do with his appearance. It isn’t something that I would do but if he likes it then let him to it. It isn’t hurting me.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
As someone who has known Steve for many years and consider him to be a close friend, I can only say that he is a caring, considerate, down-to-earth guy who genuinely cares about his friends and family. He values friendships and is a guy who will literally give you the shirt off his back if that’s what is needed. He loves Mississippi State as much or more than anyone I’ve ever known-and that is really saying something. I know his wife, Dana and their children and I know what great parents he and Dana are, and their children are walking evidence of same. He and Dana have done a great job with those children.

Steve went through a rough stretch of several years with substance abuse, and he rightly admits that he has dealt with his demons over the years-and he has overcome them. Anyone who has been through anything similar knows that that is something you struggle with for the rest of your life. I give him credit for that.

I must admit that I am concerned with his current appearance. I’m not sure what is going on there. It started with a single tattoo sometime just shy of 2010, I believe. At the time he was working for a loan company in Baton Rouge. It was a simple enough tattoo-a “98” (as in US Hwy 98) on his hand-the right hand, as I recall. The tattoo references where he comes from, Columbia, MS, which is located on Hwy 98. The next thing I knew, he was doing the entire arm, and it progressed from there. I don’t know if there is a mental illness related to tattoos, but if there is one, he definitely suffers from it. After the tattoos came that horrible hair. It’s terrible to be sure. There’s no way you can wash that **** as far as I can tell. Maybe it’s a midlife crisis, I don’t know. All I do know is that his appearance as it is right now doesn’t mesh with his chosen field. It’s hard for the people he deals with (coaches) to take him seriously, I would think. I just don’t think he is very self-aware. I fear that, sooner or later it’s going to affect his ability to continue to make a living in his field.

catvet

May 11, 2009
If his wife is okay with it and his company, the rest is none of my business.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I like to listen to Steve just fine. He has is pretty well spoken and can string together a thought well enough. He is one of the faces of MSU whether we like it or not, and I don't like how he physically represents the university. It's one thing to be different and another thing to be what many would find offensive. His dreads are a tangled nasty mess and tattoos look bad on an out of shape middle aged man with a hat fitting for RUN DMC. Change hairstyles, don't paint fingernails, wear a baseball hat and take out the nose ring. Having said that, he is self employed and can dress and look how he wants until it affects his business.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He is one of the faces of MSU whether we like it or not, and I don't like how he physically represents the university.

Why do people keep saying this? Unless I've missed something, he doesn't work for MSU, hasn't worked for MSU or "represent the university" in any way. He's a reporter that works for 24/7 Sports a subsidiary of CBS Sports and Paramount.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
His look is not to my personal taste. It is, however, something I will defend FOR him until the day I die.

How does his look impact you in any way? Are you afraid that other SEC fans won't be nice to us because of how Steve looks? Are you really concerned that [email protected] gives him **** about his dreads?

Are you a high school girl? Are you afraid he's gonna ask you out, and you have to send a text to all your friends about how weird he is?

Some of y'all sound like my grandfather bitching about "those goddamn hippies". Grow up.

EDIT: The thing I admire most about Steve is that he has worked his way into a position where he can look and dress any way he chooses. The other thing I admire about Steve is that he doesn't give two sh!ts what you or anyone else thinks.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I used to listen to Steve but he is constantly wrong. He sunshine pumps to the point of delusion. And his podcast are an infomercial about his books and bulldog burger

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Actually, I think he meant Rosebowl needs someone in his life that will grab him by the collar and tell him he's being a moron.
We all do.

And there are a lot of people here who will tell us that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login