Steve Robertson needs to be banned immediately from anything representing MSU where they actually show him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
His look is not to my personal taste. It is, however, something I will defend FOR him until the day I die.

How does his look impact you in any way? Are you afraid that other SEC fans won't be nice to us because of how Steve looks? Are you really concerned that [email protected] gives him **** about his dreads?

Are you a high school girl? Are you afraid he's gonna ask you out, and you have to send a text to all your friends about how weird he is?

Some of y'all sound like my grandfather bitching about "those goddamn hippies". Grow up.

EDIT: The thing I admire most about Steve is that he has worked his way into a position where he can look and dress any way he chooses. The other thing I admire about Steve is that he doesn't give two sh!ts what you or anyone else thinks.
He has a right to look however he wants to look. Nobody is disputing that.

When he's the face of our university in some ways, and he's out there talking to recruits and their parents? It doesn't help. Many in our administration don't like it...straight fact. He claims to love MSU and I believe he does, but you don't demonstrate your love for something by putting yourself in a position to impact it negatively. He needs some self awareness.

What he should do is fade to the background and run his website, and put more professional looking people out front. I like him well enough but the fact is he's never going to be as successful or have as much trusted access as he could have because of his appearance. I respect him and what he's been through. That's not the issue.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I like him well enough but the fact is he's never going to be as successful or have as much trusted access as he could have because of his appearance.
And ironically, he’s by far the most successful current beat guy when comparing Mississippi’s universities.

Possibly the Lieutenant Governor to Rick Cleveland’s Governor.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
When he's the face of our university in some ways, and he's out there talking to recruits and their parents? It doesn't help. Many in our administration don't like it...straight fact. He claims to love MSU and I believe he does, but you don't demonstrate your love for something by putting yourself in a position to impact it negatively. He needs some self awareness.

What he should do is fade to the background and run his website, and put more professional looking people out front. I like him well enough but the fact is he's never going to be as successful or have as much trusted access as he could have because of his appearance. I respect him and what he's been through. That's not the issue.
Who in our administration doesn't like it? Do they not like it enough to stop him from doing what he does? What recruits has he hurt us with because of how he looks?

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Don't judge a book by its cover.

I have met Steve several times and he's a straight up dude and a good person.

Judging Steve by his looks is in the same boat as judging someone by the color of their skin. You are assessing that person by their physical looks and not judging them by the content of their character.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Looks like he added a nose ring to his repertoire.

First time I've seen this clip - he did a good job on the actual answers to her questions.

By the way, have y'all seen South Carolina's 24/7 beat reporter? Holy ****! That dude is wild looking. Oh you haven't seen him? Yeah me either. Nor will I. Nor do I care what he/she/they look like.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Who in our administration doesn't like it? Do they not like it enough to stop him from doing what he does? What recruits has he hurt us with because of how he looks?
You realize Gene's Page is not owned by MSU, right?

As far as the rest of your ********, get yourself some friends who are connected. Don't expect me to do the work for you.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

What? You mean Keenum doesn’t do THIS?

Wwe Raw GIF

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He looks like a homeless person that they dressed up to testify in court. I know he loves State and has done good things, but damn dude clean yourself up.
I know he definitely looks homeless lol but that's the salt of the earth, rough neck, earn-it type of energy our program has. We're not elitist seersucker wearing douche nozzles that care more about appearances and the party. We GRIND FOR THE STATE

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Don't judge a book by its cover.

I have met Steve several times and he's a straight up dude and a good person.

Judging Steve by his looks is in the same boat as judging someone by the color of their skin. You are assessing that person by their physical looks and not judging them by the content of their character.
Not sure this is the point of the thread. No one is saying he’s a bad guy

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Eh…

There are plenty of folks who come across as heavily implying that.

And it’s par for the course for Mississippi and Mississippians to not accept that people are different.

The Dude has more talent and drive in this subject than anyone else who’s posted in this thread.

(now where is that Frank Melton That’s the Bottom Line Gif?)

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

As far as the rest of your ********, get yourself some friends who are connected. Don't expect me to do the work for you.
So you don't have any actual data to back up your assertions, just "trust me bro, it's true!"

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Huh? We have several people in this very thread who are super successful businessmen in multiple areas that totally know how a man who's appearance doesn't impact them in any meaningful way should alter his looks and behavior because he gives them a case of the ickies.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
For the record, I don’t really consider him “representing MSU”. I just think he would gain more rep if he tweaked his approach.

Imagine being from Sumner, MS and this dude rolls up on you in a parking lot after a MSU tryout and asks you if it’s ok to interview your kid. There’s going to be an awkward moment there. He can easily avoid it. I’m sure he’s had to work on an objection handler for that situation.

I think more doors would open for him if he changed a few things.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I don't have a problem with any of the 247 guys. They're all good guys. So 17 you *****.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Yet another time where you say 'I know how it really is', someone else asks for details so they can be better informed, and you respond with 'figure it out on your own cuz all I am willing to do is say I know how it really is'.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Steve is about to have his 6th book published.

He’s done well. I respect where he has come from and what he has accomplished.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Steve has done a great job of promoting us. I have never met him but by all accounts he is a straight up guy. Just like the rest of us, he can certainly express himself through his appearance any way that he wants too. With that being said, I can’t help but think that it would help him professionally to clean it up a little. I know that I am very old school, but your appearance does indicate a level of respect for those you are dealing with. I am pretty much a blue jeans and tee shirt guy every day. However, whenever I was calling on Customers I would clean it up to whatever level was appropriate for the situation. Also, anytime I am in church I dress appropriately. It’s just showing respect. More power to him if he is determined to do his current thing but from a business standpoint it might be something to consider. Most business professionals that I have known over the years would be a little Leary of some guy showing up with dread locks, rose ring, etc. it just doesn’t say, hey I am a professional in my field and you should take me seriously. To each his own though.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
For a minute, I thought I saw Steve and some friends near West Point...........

1690066697168.png

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
He looks like a homeless person that they dressed up to testify in court. I know he loves State and has done good things, but damn dude clean yourself up.
I don't disagree with you, he could try a little harder on the appearance. I doubt he gives a **** what we think, but Steve's a good guy who has done well for himself and loves MSU.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yet another time where you say 'I know how it really is', someone else asks for details so they can be better informed, and you respond with 'figure it out on your own cuz all I am willing to do is say I know how it really is'.
Yet another example of a message board warrior who doesn't know **** about **** but chooses to flame someone who does for not wanting to air stuff out on a public message board.

I thought you libbies were all about protecting sources. I guess it depends on the info the source has.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yet another example of a message board warrior who doesn't know **** about **** but chooses to flame someone who does for not wanting to air stuff out on a public message board.

I thought you libbies were all about protecting sources. I guess it depends on the info the source has.
Why say anything at all then? If you arent willing to, you know, actually participate in the conversation then just stay silent.
Saying 'you dont know the truth like I do' and then refusing to engage in discussion is weak.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Why say anything at all then? If you arent willing to, you know, actually participate in the conversation then just stay silent.
Saying 'you dont know the truth like I do' and then refusing to engage in discussion is weak.
I shared what I've heard. You're not entitled to know my friend network, my personal history, or anything like that. I don't have to name names. You can choose not to believe what I shared if you like instead of being a message board douche bag. You might be more respected if you did.

You're right, I didn't have to say anything. But given that you and your running buddies are usually the only ones triggered by what I have to say, I don't really worry about it. It's actually an encouragement to share.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
But given that you and your running buddies are usually the only ones triggered by what I have to say, I don't really worry about it.
Running is Earthly proof that the Devil is real and hides among us. Nobody else would create such a punishing and awful activity under the guise of health and betterment.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Running is Earthly proof that the Devil is real and hides among us. Nobody else would create such a punishing and awful activity under the guise of health and betterment.
My mistake. "You and your jerking off buddies" are probably more appropriate. We regret the error.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
I try to judge people the following way:
  • Are they nice
  • Do they treat others with respect
  • Do they try to do the right thing
After that I personally don't care what you wear, your hair style, or how many tats you have, its not my business. My personal cares and others business cares may differer, and If it hurts your ability to provide for your family then that's a you problem.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login