Stolen from Twitter- MS high schools logo map

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No question the muh consolidation comments are coming. Let’s get rid of people’s jobs, unless it’s mine.

Last time I checked, one thing MS needed was jobs, and until we have an influx of many more, might not wanna cut the ones we have.

But hey, if no one gets fired as a part of the consolidation, I’m fine with that part. Perhaps bigger schools can help students find their true talents by force, because they all can’t make the sports teams, etc. Have to find other stuff you like.

And maybe it’ll even out the sports districts.

• Angry
Reactions: Anon1697564126

patdog

May 28, 2007
No question the muh consolidation comments are coming. Let’s get rid of people’s jobs, unless it’s mine.

Last time I checked, one thing MS needed was jobs, and until we have an influx of many more, might not wanna cut the ones we have.

But hey, if no one gets fired as a part of the consolidation, I’m fine with that part. Perhaps bigger schools can help students find their true talents by force, because they all can’t make the sports teams, etc. Have to find other stuff you like.

When those jobs are funded by taxpayer dollars, it's a legitimate question why a county with 35,000 people needs 5 public high schools. What's up with the Magee-Mendenhall consolidation? That's one I'm OK with, but those two schools were way down on the list of schools I thought needed consolidating.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Consolidate Districts, not schools . More Education less Administration…School needs to be year round 48 Weeks and 4 School vacation weeks. High School needs to be more career-stem focused. We need more skilled laborers and less administrators.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

You can consolidate districts and not eliminate the actual schools. Desoto County is one school district.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Consolidate Districts, not schools . More Education less Administration…School needs to be year round 48 Weeks and 4 School vacation weeks. High School needs to be more career-stem focused. We need more skilled laborers and less administrators.
48 weeks. LOL. Good luck finding teachers. RIP strong river and camps.

Reactions: RiceDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
How many other schools are like Nettleton and Baldwyn, where it’s actually split by the border of two counties and doesn’t belong to any particular county district? I guess they are like typical city school districts but just small towns.

I always thought those were odd but maybe not?

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
more consolidation, fewer superintendents ......no one in the country has more school admin than MS....its crazy.....and if you havent heard, MS currently has one of the highest truancy rates in the country.....teaching to the test and having 3 weeks left in the school year is stupid...."dad, can you come check me out? all we are doing is watching a movie"

and oxford sd starts year round school after the 24/25 school year....will be interesting...(my kids school district)

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Funny, didn't realize this is Tupelo's logo. It's what immediately stuck out in that map

Reactions: StateCollege

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Missed the green ribbon M?
Ha, couldn't tell if that was like Marshall University's M or MSU's.

Looks like there are a coue Duke Blue Devil logos, a Louisville Cardinal, UGA logo, Wisconsin W, NotreDame ND, West Virginia WV, and the 17ing New England Patriots logo.
Funny.

A decade ago, a local high school by me had to change their W because they were sent a cease use letter by U Wisconsin Madison.
Gotta protect that brand, once an issue is known.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So yes, you do in fact want administrators to lose their jobs. Why are they so hated? Do y’all know exactly what they do?

Let’s say we get rid of 20 of them at 150K per year. 3M, times 3 for benefits. 9M. Is that moving the needle? Of course not. But yeah you “saved money” theoretically, that will absolutely be spent elsewhere.

So you want to take people’s jobs, who help the economy, rather than stand up to the real waste, like welfare and such, and pet projects, contractor/corporation conglomerates, etc.

Interesting. Sounds like a modern day Republican.

Reactions: Blitzen

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
So yes, you do in fact want administrators to lose their jobs. Why are they so hated? Do y’all know exactly what they do?

Let’s say we get rid of 20 of them at 150K per year. 3M, times 3 for benefits. 9M. Is that moving the needle? Of course not. But yeah you “saved money” theoretically, that will absolutely be spent elsewhere.

So you want to take people’s jobs, who help the economy, rather than stand up to the real waste, like welfare and such, and pet projects, contractor/corporation conglomerates, etc.

Interesting. Sounds like a modern day Republican.
My desire to get better administrators is to better educate the children. I believe you really care but I can tell from your statements you have no idea of the incompetence at the administrative level in our public schools.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
My desire to get better administrators is to better educate the children. I believe you really care but I can tell from your statements you have no idea of the incompetence at the administrative level in our public schools.
So why not get better administrators, like you say? That’s a far cry from eliminating them. You’re argument changed.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Informing many of these districts to get better "administrators" is probably akin to telling Jxn voters to elect better leaders.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
Ha, couldn't tell if that was like Marshall University's M or MSU's.

Looks like there are a coue Duke Blue Devil logos, a Louisville Cardinal, UGA logo, Wisconsin W, NotreDame ND, West Virginia WV, and the 17ing New England Patriots logo.
Funny.

A decade ago, a local high school by me had to change their W because they were sent a cease use letter by U Wisconsin Madison.
Gotta protect that brand, once an issue is known.
Hernando had to change. The logo on the map is wrong. Missouri sent a cease use letter.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
more consolidation, fewer superintendents ......no one in the country has more school admin than MS....its crazy.....and if you havent heard, MS currently has one of the highest truancy rates in the country.....teaching to the test and having 3 weeks left in the school year is stupid...."dad, can you come check me out? all we are doing is watching a movie"

and oxford sd starts year round school after the 24/25 school year....will be interesting...(my kids school district)
Where have you heard this about Oxford? I can’t find that anywhere, although I remember it being rumored a few years ago.

When it was rumored, it was more of a modified schedule that anything. Summer would go from late May until around July 20. School would start, but they’d add in a 2 week break around October 1.

Would love more info as we would be impacted as well.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
- 3 have Zags Bulldog logos- 1 the correct orientations and 2 backwards.
- Colonel Reb is apparently a mascot in north MS?
- There is a 2nd Patriots logo.
- Jax Jags logo is straight cribbed.
- UNC letters logo is used in different colors.
- Purdue P is there.
- UT Austin Longhorn in green.
- Green Bay Packers G is near the coast.
- 3 Georgia Tech Bee logos.
- LV Raiders logo in green.
- Superman logo.

This is fascinating to look at- I am simply stunned to see so many well known logos are being used.
Wild.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
- Purdue P is there.
- Superman logo.

This is fascinating to look at- I am simply stunned to see so many well known logos are being used.
Wild.
You forgot to mention all the Iowa Hawkeyes logos **

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
- Purdue P is there.
- Superman logo.

Wild.
Don’t know about others but Starkville’s is licensed from Georgia Tech for something like a dollar a year. I imagine many others are similar.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don’t know about others but Starkville’s is licensed from Georgia Tech for something like a dollar a year. I imagine many others are similar.
That's the smart move and the right move on Georgia Tech's part. Tulane, Wisconsin and any others sending cease and desist letters should do the same. These high schools aren't any threat to the big universities. If anything, it increases their presence in another state.

Reactions: 8dog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When those jobs are funded by taxpayer dollars, it's a legitimate question why a county with 35,000 people needs 5 public high schools. What's up with the Magee-Mendenhall consolidation? That's one I'm OK with, but those two schools were way down on the list of schools I thought needed consolidating.
Well, in some of those you already have rural kids on a bus for an hour each way to get to and from school. Consolidate and some will be riding an hour and a half each way.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
- Purdue P is there.
- Superman logo.

Wild.
The Colonel Rebel is for the Thrasher HS Rebels in Prentiss County. It's a public school.

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Being from Mendenhall, the Magee-Mendenhall consolidation makes no sense. 25K people for one school?
There are kids in Simpson county that are already riding a bus an hour+ one way every day since they closed Simpson Central back in 85-86....but the still have the SC elementary school.?
Mendenhall does need a new Junior High school as it is literally falling apart....not sure what Magee needs.
Its strictly politics and a lot of back scratching going on in rural small town Mississippi...... ultimately $$.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login