Stone Blanton

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
He is gonna play both sports and has verbally committed to the baseball team. I thought his parents both graduated from State. Not sure what the hold up is. Looking for attention ? Idk....its my understanding in the end he will be a Dawg

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think his brother is doing his best to get him to OM. He's supposedly involved in some sort of NIL business. A few weeks back he made a tweet that landed him in hot water. Evidently someone said something to him about the tweet and now his twitter profile says something about not being affiliated with OM athletics. That's writing "don't steal my beer on your cooler".

Personally I think it's going to boil down to baseball. If he genuinely wants to play baseball, he's coming to State.

Sep 12, 2013
As a state fan, I think it’s best for us to assume he’s not coming here and be pleasantly surprised if he does.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
We have some momentum right now in state to sign some of the top guys, including one currently committed to them, so I expect the cocksuckers to do everything they can to get him. Be happy if he ends up coming to State

Dawgology

Sep 15, 2011
If he chooses to pass up playing for a football program clearly on the rise and a baseball team that is the reigning national champion to play for a football program that doesn’t even know if their head coach will be there next month…well…good luck.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
You keep using that word.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I got a feeling we ain't getting this kid, I think the fix is in for Ole Miss. They've made this their optics conquest for the class of 2022. I also don't think he's some elite player.

But we will also get some other, better, players.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Rumor has it that his Dad is not a fan of Cohenz and the pretzels at DWS. He's jumpin' on the Lane Train.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I got a feeling we ain't getting this kid, I think the fix is in for Ole Miss. They've made this their optics conquest for the class of 2022. I also don't think he's some elite player.

But we will also get some other, better, players.

Yeah, if we don't get Blanton, but we end up with two or three of these other guys that are trending our way late, I take that trade every time.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
He is gonna play both sports and has verbally committed to the baseball team. I thought his parents both graduated from State. Not sure what the hold up is. Looking for attention ? Idk....its my understanding in the end he will be a Dawg

He definitely doesn’t appear to be wanting attention. He’s been about as low key as possible. Seems to me like he’s truly unsure. I think Chance Campbell’s success has probably helped Ole Miss some. I also recognize that the MSU baseball program is better (I’m not that blind, biased or dumb) but Ole Miss does have the recruiting pitch of Ealy, Plumlee and Tywone Malone effectively playing both sports and it working. That’s a minor advantage.

Apparently his parents are MSU fans, but his brother (who kinda seems like he’s out there) is big time Ole Miss fan and involved with NIL stuff. That stuff matters in 2021, like it or not. In fact I think it’s hurting both programs. But in this situation, it may be a minor benefit towards Ole Miss.

I fully expect Blanton to sign with MSU. But it taking this long, seems to imply that he’s really torn. By all accounts, it’s a great family that does things the right way. I have zero doubt that he’s going to be a major impact player and have a positive impact on the locker room, too. I’d say it’s 75/25 MSU (and I have no clue) but Ole Miss having that 25% shot is surprising to both sides.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
We have some momentum right now in state to sign some of the top guys, including one currently committed to them, so I expect the cocksuckers to do everything they can to get him. Be happy if he ends up coming to State

Thats pretty ****** of Ole Miss to do everything they can to sign a good player that MSU also wants.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Tidbit I heard a few weeks ago...

Do we get him, or does his kinfolk push him to Ole Miss?

This is purely rumor, which is encouraged here......

guy i work with is friend's with SB dad....apparently he went to aTm and they rolled out the red carpet....they were very impressed.....then went to South Carolina and they also rolled out the red carpet for him....very impressed (this is football btw)......then came to Miss St and they had him "parked out on the back 40 and didnt even know where to go or who to find"......and were less than impressed....my first reaction was this fits the narrative for Leach's recruiting....

in the end, guy said he sticks with MSU bc of baseball

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I don't think Leach is a big fan of the long drawn out dog and pony show. It looks like they put plenty of effort in on some kids. Even kids committed to other schools so if they didn't do a meet and greet that lived up to his standards maybe Leach doesn't care if he comes to State or not

Dawgology

Sep 15, 2011
This is purely rumor, which is encouraged here......

guy i work with is friend's with SB dad....apparently he went to aTm and they rolled out the red carpet....they were very impressed.....then went to South Carolina and they also rolled out the red carpet for him....very impressed (this is football btw)......then came to Miss St and they had him "parked out on the back 40 and didnt even know where to go or who to find"......and were less than impressed....my first reaction was this fits the narrative for Leach's recruiting....

in the end, guy said he sticks with MSU bc of baseball

That’s not true. I was around on one of his official visits and he was well taken care of.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login