Streaming question

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Excuse my ignorance, I’m new to this. Have a YouTube TV subscription, ATT fiber with a 300mb package. Watching games on Saturdays the picture stops and starts almost like repeating photos. The audio never skips. The strange thing is that it’s bad on ESPN and awful on SEC Networks but rarely does this on CBS. It never happens during the week. Is it the TV, is it something network related, do I need a bigger internet package? Again , we just got internet a few months ago and dropped Direct so I’m learning.

SouthpawDawg

Aug 7, 2016
Is you TV/streaming device connected to your router via Ethernet cable or wifi? If WiFi and your TV setup is too far or going through too many walls it may be that your signal is spotty. Just a thought. Others on here have forgotten more than I know about it. Download an app and run a Speedtest.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
367mb download and 369mb upload. The TV in question and the router are in the same room. Just out of curiosity I went and turned on the bedroom TV and it doesn’t skip. The bedroom is on the other end of the house. All TVs are WiFi. It’s baffling to me.

SouthpawDawg

Aug 7, 2016
That is plenty of speed to stream so that’s not the issue. Not sure if you’re using the same streaming device, Roku, firestick, Apple TV, chromecast. If so maybe for giggles swap devices with the bedroom tv And see if it still happens. Kinda a mystery.

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
I’ve had this issue several times, have had YouTube tv for a long time and have never found an answer.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Excuse my ignorance, I’m new to this. Have a YouTube TV subscription, ATT fiber with a 300mb package. Watching games on Saturdays the picture stops and starts almost like repeating photos. The audio never skips. The strange thing is that it’s bad on ESPN and awful on SEC Networks but rarely does this on CBS. It never happens during the week. Is it the TV, is it something network related, do I need a bigger internet package? Again , we just got internet a few months ago and dropped Direct so I’m learning.
Does YT TV come with an ESPN App login? If so try the App to see if it has the same issue

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Ok. I cut the TV off, turned it back on, disconnected from the WiFi and logged back in to WiFi. It hasn’t missed a beat since doing that. I think it has something to do with the WiFi connection to this particular tv. The tv and router are in the same room about 12 feet apart.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login