Strength and Conditioning coach

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
I remember thinking during the JOMO tenure that we had a lot of injuries/tweaks possibly attributed to the S/C coaching. It seems Leach’s team has not had that this year. Who’s our S/C coach? I think our team is winning the 4th quarter in part because they have been in better condition.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Yep. "The Beach" is something Leach & his S&C coach brought with them. As a younger man living on the Gulf Coast, I used to run on the beach occasionally for fitness. So much more of a workout.

I hear Leach's workouts are hell, but very effective, and apparently good for injury prevention.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I remember a WSU guy came over when we first hired Leach and had lots of positive things to say about the S&C coach we got. I had forgotten how bad we were with S&C under Moorhead until this post

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
It definitely appears we are the team in better shape at the end of most of our games.

Jun 9, 2015
His name is Tyson Brown. From the videos I’ve seen, he’s got the fire and excitement that you’d want from a S&C coach. I never really saw that from Biche, who was JoMo’s strength coach.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
What specifically makes a good S&C coach? I've often wondered this. All teams workout and do innovative things, I would think. I did a fair share of weightlifting in the younger days so I'm curious. It is just volume? I know Leach runs their *** off during practice, but post-practice conditioning is rolling, rather than using legs, because they are already tired.

Is there some new age way of lifting that causes less injury? The only real innovative thing I can think of is the stretching routine, keeping guys mobile and not stiff.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
What specifically makes a good S&C coach? I've often wondered this. All teams workout and do innovative things, I would think. I did a fair share of weightlifting in the younger days so I'm curious. It is just volume? I know Leach runs their *** off during practice, but post-practice conditioning is rolling, rather than using legs, because they are already tired.

Is there some new age way of lifting that causes less injury? The only real innovative thing I can think of is the stretching routine, keeping guys mobile and not stiff.

Admittedly not an expert but I suspect it has to do with exercises and techniques that would condition things other than muscles to prevent injury.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
This strength coach is way better than the last one who was way better than the one before him. Also the strength coach that succeeds this one is going to be way better than this one.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This strength coach is way better than the last one who was way better than the one before him. Also the strength coach that succeeds this one is going to be way better than this one.
Facts are, we looked bigger/stronger/faster and less fat and injury prone under Sherrill, Mullen, and now Leach. We looked bad under Croom and Slopface. Take from that what you will. Maybe it was S&C, maybe it was practice.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pretty sure the consensus of the board in the Moorhead years was that our S&C coaching sucked.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login