Strike 1 Arnett

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Meh rather him go for it then not, but first lesson as a young head coach. Sec and sexton plays big boy ball off the field. Got to be able to play the game if you want it bad enough.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Kliff would be a great hire and a big splash. He killed it in college, esp as the OC. His last 2 years at TT were not too good. Hatcher has never been at a big school but he has won national championships and always has a strong offense. Probly get him for less than a million too.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Stay Calm The Office GIF

Aug 22, 2012
Kliff would be a great hire and a big splash. He killed it in college, esp as the OC. His last 2 years at TT were not too good. Hatcher has never been at a big school but he has won national championships and always has a strong offense. Probly get him for less than a million too.
Mike Tomlin or Kyle Shanahan would also both be awesome. Let's put them on the list

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Sexton did not get Briles more money than we offered to stay at Arkansas. He got him a raise, but less than we offered. MRS Briles said $2 mil ain’t nearly enough to move to Starkville, Ms. can’t say I blame her. Public school sucks and no Target.
You’re not wrong. I love Starkville but I can see that from an outside perspective of a millionaire with options, Starkville would have to be low on the list of places to live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Other Kind

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That's a huge drop off to go from nfl hc to college oc. I don't see him humbling himself for that
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Eh. Considering he was a college OC who became an NFL head coach it’s possible.

Almost similar to a certain Joey Freshwater who went as far down as offensive assistant/Saban school and then OC again…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Sexton did not get Briles more money than we offered to stay at Arkansas. He got him a raise, but less than we offered. MRS Briles said $2 mil ain’t nearly enough to move to Starkville, Ms. can’t say I blame her. Public school sucks and no Target.
Joe Max really needs to get on the ball to get that Target here…

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Kittley might be worth a look. I feel like he is young and not as experienced. But has been around the system. we might could talk him away from tech although he is an alumni

Reactions: mo7888

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
A big name is not as important on me as good resume, even if is limited. We aren't marrying this person and we really want someone that will cut their own way through the SEC. UT and OK are on the way. I would like a guy who is open for creating something of his own but isn't afraid to use what we have to get started. I'm asking for a lot but I would rather take a chance on newer promising face over a predictable retread

Their biggest attribute needs to be that they're not afraid of $hite.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That's a huge drop off to go from nfl hc to college oc. I don't see him humbling himself for that

Well its either college OC or NFL position coach. He is unlikely to get an NFL OC job based on what he put on the field as a HC, nor is he getting a college HC job after the Texas Tech debacle. He had tons of weapons and yet had a completely dysfunctional offense in Arizona for the better part of 3 seasons.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think as far as Arizona is concerned they are gonna find out it's more about Kyler than it is Kliff. I'm glad Zach went big. I just hope he has a strong second and third choice. This could turn into a major disaster if it drags on too long or Zach makes a bad decision

Reactions: Anon1664516582

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
Sorry about that last post...I'm not sure why it came out like that... frustrating...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login