Stromboli’s

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
You are giving them way too much credit methinks. At a 10% net income that would suggest $1MM in revenue. A $1MM pizza shop is well above average revenue for pizza joints. Off the hoof in its hey day I would assume Stromboli's was smaller than average.

Now only operating 11-6, 6 days a week takeout only, it has to be average or smaller imo. As of 2021, the average independent pizza restaurant only hit $450,000 in annual revenue.

View attachment 325672
Not sure what type of volume they did, but would think their margins would be better than most restaurants. Their menu was not expansive, and had a lot of cross used items. Also the menu never changed so I'm sure there was not a lot of spoilage / waste. They were good operators, retail and restaurants are much more physically and mentally demanding than most realize, and burnout happens often. Good people, I wish them well.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I was in line for the last day of pies. Talked to a few people that said them selling isn’t about pizza or business.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Since Covid its true they have been dine outside only which makes absolutely no sense at all when you limit yourself to basically warm sunny days. I may be different but takeout from anywhere blows as far as I'm concerned too, you are paying the same amount of $$ (or more if you use a delivery service) for a product that once you get ready to eat is either sweaty and soggy from being in a sealed piece of styrofoam or its cold. If it was served to you like that in the restaurant it would be sent back, I just don't do takeout. There have been times you can drive by there around lunch or dinner and they are closed for no obvious reason. I have heard that there are medical issues involved with the owner so that it somewhat understandable but apparently there was no type of succession available but to close
I probably would have preferred eating in back in the day, but now, depending on what it is, I'd just as soon bring it back home and not have to worry about the waitress disappearing for 30 minutes while I don't have anything to drink or while I'm waiting for a check. Most mexican, Chinese, pizza, and italian holds up pretty well for takeout. Anything that's not saucy and needs to be crispy you can more or less fix in the air fryer. Stuff with sauce usually microwaves fine, exception being fried stuff with sauce on it.

I'm not going to carry out from anywhere nice for the most part, but I don't really enjoy the restaurant experience anymore like I used to.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login