Sunday Night Baseball In Game Interviews…

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
These interviews they do in the middle of play with a guy miked up on the field are atrocious. Let them play the game. It’s a horrible distraction.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Saw Glayber’s interview. Seemed a bit forced since it was scheduled to last the entire 1/2 inning.

It was kinda cool to hear him roll up Bogarts on the DP though.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah, I’m no Yankees fan, but there’s a good argument to be made he gets to the Pham ground ball had he not been mid-conversation as the ball was hit. I would hate that so much as a coach. Not sure how you can get as good of a break on a ball mid-sentence.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
These interviews they do in the middle of play with a guy miked up on the field are atrocious. Let them play the game. It’s a horrible distraction.

I have always hated any kind of in game interviews in baseball. But these player interviews while they are on the field are a new level of stupid.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I have always hated any kind of in game interviews in baseball. But these player interviews while they are on the field are a new level of stupid.

Agree.

I don't watch MLB, so I didn't know about this.

In my opinion, 100% of a fielder's concentration should be on the hitter as the pitched ball approaches the hitting area, so he can react in a timely manner.

Isn't this obvious common sense, or am I overlooking something?

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I've enjoyed the ones I've heard, specifically with Votto early in the season. There's probably some things they can do to limit interference with a live play.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
It’s pretty stupid for the players to agree to it. But they have evidently been both agreeing to do it and getting the blessing from their managers, so I guess they can own it if it makes them 17 up.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Despise in-game interviews....

Will not listen to them. TV goes on mute the second one is started.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Hell, they were talking to pitchers during the All-Star game. Any position is terrible and shouldn’t be doing these interviews, but the damn pitcher??

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I've enjoyed the ones I've heard, specifically with Votto early in the season. There's probably some things they can do to limit interference with a live play.

The Votto one during the Field of Dreams game was a pretty fun listen. I enjoy them. But also don't want it to interfere with the game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login