Swamp Kings….

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Decent doc I guess, but why no mention of Urban harboring serial killers and violent felons during his time at UF? At the end, Tebow says “there should be another championship up there….2009”. Dude must have slept through that 3 TD a$$-whipping that Alabama gave the Gators in Atlanta.

Reactions: dp rtr and MattUGA1

DCGator

Dec 13, 2021
Decent doc I guess, but why no mention of Urban harboring serial killers and violent felons during his time at UF? At the end, Tebow says “there should be another championship up there….2009”. Dude must have slept through that 3 TD a$$-whipping that Alabama gave the Gators in Atlanta.
At the time, I said “there’s only one coach I fear with a year to brood over a loss, and he’s in the same conference.” Props to Nick and the ‘09 Bama team that started the dynasty.

Urban Meyer is the Icarus of college football coaches. His coaching style is super effective, but unsustainable. Supposedly, he was so high strung that our AD had to convince him to come back for 2009. By that point (I’m my view) he’d lost control of the locker room. Carlos Dunlap getting a DUI right before Atlanta didn’t help either. You may have very well beaten us in Atlanta, but it absolutely should not have been by three touchdowns. We were super talented that year, but we needed to not trip over our own dick.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
At the time, I said “there’s only one coach I fear with a year to brood over a loss, and he’s in the same conference.” Props to Nick and the ‘09 Bama team that started the dynasty.

Urban Meyer is the Icarus of college football coaches. His coaching style is super effective, but unsustainable. Supposedly, he was so high strung that our AD had to convince him to come back for 2009. By that point (I’m my view) he’d lost control of the locker room. Carlos Dunlap getting a DUI right before Atlanta didn’t help either. You may have very well beaten us in Atlanta, but it absolutely should not have been by three touchdowns. We were super talented that year, but we needed to not trip over our own dick.
I will be honest, I had zero confidence going into that game. I just always felt like Tebow would find a way to pull it out. The 2009 Bama team was not as talented as Florida. I agree about Urban. He cannot sustain.

Reactions: DCGator

GUMP_SUPREME

May 26, 2023
Pretty good series! I enjoyed watching it as a fan of CF and The SEC! Very good to see and hear how the UF players started to feel uncomfortable with all the Tebow hype!

Siler was an absolute Alpha in that locker room! I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nick run Urban out of The SEC!

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

Further to your point in the first paragraph, you are right. Saban used that loss as motivation all off-season. Stamper said it best in the documentary, that Alabama, though not as talented as UF from top to bottom, was hungrier than UF. That is why dynasties are so hard to sustain. Complacency sets in.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCGator

DCGator

Dec 13, 2021
Pretty good series! I enjoyed watching it as a fan of CF and The SEC! Very good to see and hear how the UF players started to feel uncomfortable with all the Tebow hype!

Siler was an absolute Alpha in that locker room! I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nick run Urban out of The SEC!
As a Florida fan, I loved Tebow to death but would have to mute the announcers when I watched an away game (UF 04-08). I went to school with him, and every interaction I’ve had, then or since, he’s been super humble and genuine. It sucks that the media was that kind of wedge with the team.

One moment I really wish they would have put in the series was Tim’s legendary F-bomb on the team bus before they eviscerated LSU in 2008.

GUMP_SUPREME

May 26, 2023
As a Florida fan, I loved Tebow to death but would have to mute the announcers when I watched an away game (UF 04-08). I went to school with him, and every interaction I’ve had, then or since, he’s been super humble and genuine. It sucks that the media was that kind of wedge with the team.

One moment I really wish they would have put in the series was Tim’s legendary F-bomb on the team bus before they eviscerated LSU in 2008.

Tebow was/is SOLID!

Not a Gator fan, but looking from the outside you could sense something was off within that team and it was cool to see how it all unfolded during the docuseries!

Those BAMA teams had Alpha Male Dogs who feasted on stopping the run and not these Beta Males who are built to stop NASCAR style type offenses!

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Was great until they stopped telling the whole story and the downfall.
Right. Shocked they didn’t spend any time on Hernandez……Urban harbored a serial killer and refused to discipline him because he was good at football.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login