Swingin' for the fences

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Even Jess Davis.

This team just doesn't hit for xtra base hits, doubles, gappers, or just try to string some basic base hits together. All solo HRs.

The greatness that was TA & Rowdey. They did what they had to do to drive the ball hard somewhere. And if it went out, it went out.

Gotro is not getting thru to these guys. We put no pressure on the opposing pitcher or defense

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The team is absolutely atrocious. All about the longball.
I don’t have a problem with them swing for the fences. At least they are getting the 17’ing bat off of their shoulder. I’m seeing what Bruce was talking about a month ago.

Ace-Leroy

Aug 23, 2012
I have figured out what the 2 strike chest bump means...

Evidently it means" I am about to strike out looking". Back to back with the bases loaded.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
As frustrating as watching pitchers who can't throw strikes: guys we count on watching strike three with the bases loaded.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
TA and Rowdey were also guys that under normal circumstances wouldn’t have still been playing college baseball last year. Very rare to have guys with that much experience in the lineup.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Looking for walks.

That's something that these modern hitting coaches have forgotten about those practitioners of "getting your pitch" like Barry Bonds, Tony Gwynn and Ted Williams. They might have walked a bunch, BUT they didn't strike out much either. They didn't take borderline stirkes when they had two on them. (none of those were borderline yesterday).

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login