Switching from CSpire

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I travel a lot and C-Spire stinks traveling. If you leave Misssissippi, you better hope you can find a WIFI to get on.

I have no idea what's best, I had ATT and it sucked. Time for some research? Maybe.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
My ATT was so bad, I filed a complaint with the PSC. All of a sudden, ATT offices started calling me. I learned what the problem is. They switched all their towers to 5g, and they admitted that with 5G, the coverage distance is now shorter than it was with 3G; therefore, unless you are close to an ATT tower, you are actually getting WORSE performance than with 3G. They said it was a "company wide" decision, and there is nothing they will be doing to change it.

TheDawgSaint

Jan 18, 2021
I'm thinking about going with T-Mobile. Can anybody give some good advice/opinions on T-Mobile?
I recently made the switch to T-Mobile and haven’t had any issues. The switch cut my Verizon bill in half. I’m in Pine Belt area with no issues.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I recently made the switch to T-Mobile and haven’t had any issues. The switch cut my Verizon bill in half. I’m in Pine Belt area with no issues.
We have terrible coverage in our neighborhood. To be fair, hey are doing a lot of work around us for expansion of the highway and the new neighborhoods surrounding us. I expect they will put a new tower in very soon because there are too many people here now. We have T-Mobile. Nobody in the neighborhood gets a good service. T-Mobile has been great when I have been away from home, but I'm looking at Mint for the 55 and older plan for $15. Best coverage I have is AT&T, but it was at an awful price.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
My ATT was so bad, I filed a complaint with the PSC. All of a sudden, ATT offices started calling me. I learned what the problem is. They switched all their towers to 5g, and they admitted that with 5G, the coverage distance is now shorter than it was with 3G; therefore, unless you are close to an ATT tower, you are actually getting WORSE performance than with 3G. They said it was a "company wide" decision, and there is nothing they will be doing to change it.
This actually makes sense. I've had a work phone on Verizon for about 10 years now. It was great for the first 6 or so. It starting getting worse about 4 years ago, and now it's just pretty bad. Even when travelling. Just within the last year, I've had issues in Austin, Huntsville, and Cleveland. It was fine in DC. My personal phone used to be on C-Spire, but I've had Verizon for almost 3 years now. I don't remember having issues with my personal phone when I was out of the state, but again, it's been 3 years. My work phone is an iphone and my personal is a samsung - I definitely have more trouble with the i-phone. I don't know, I'm sure there's a lot to it, but they all seem to be worse now than they used to be.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
There are places in MS that CSpire has coverage and Verizon struggles. Same with ATT vs either. However, if you travel out of state at all CSpire is impossible. My wife has CSpire, I have Verizon. So if I'm with her, I can lean on CSpire in state, otherwise, nearly everywhere we go, she's not happy about her service and I'm just fine. Honestly, other than a few dead spots, I don't suffer too much in state.
This has not been my experience. However, I have not tried C-Spire in about 3 years. I never had trouble before when I was traveling, unless I left the US. Although I can't compare it to C-Spire currently, I have had a lot more trouble with Verizon, when traveling, than I am comfortable with. Within the last year, I have had several bad experiences with Verizon in some rather large cities.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login