Take a look at the SEC Baseball Standings....

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
We have the potential to finish ahead of 5 teams on the SEC East side. We also play the Aggies. I read nothing into losing to LSU three times except for LSU has a pretty good team and we haven't won a lot against them in the regular season for years. Tennessee is obviously a very good team, but this time last year Arkansas looked like that team.

I'm predicting a 15-15 finish in SEC. Baseball is a weird and less predictable game than football or basketball too. We should always be more optimistic in baseball based on talent level and program history. I believe MSU will be one of the best SEC teams by the end of the season.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
That’s true, but name the last time the M over S has not finished strong? This program is the best in the country at turning adversity into success. We’re not great this year but we will finish strong and make a regional.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Really should have won that first game against LSU and could’ve easily won two. Need Hunt and Fristoe and Stinnett to come on strong down the stretch

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
Our pitching, as a whole, was average by SEC standards BEFORE Sims and Simmons went down. Since then, we have lost Auger and maybe Stinnet.

Fristoe is up and down. Walling is a non factor. Jack Walker hasn’t contributed much if anything. I don’t know what is up with Tepper but he hasn’t done what I had expected.

Our pitching situation is pretty scary. One more injury and we are cooked.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
There would be nothing average about Sims-Johnson-Smith with Smith, Hunt, Pico, Auger, and Simmons out of the pen. Thats a top 3 staff this year.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
This time last year everybody on this board was calling for Foxhall to be fired over our disappointing pitching performance. Personally I do not think we will get it together but it's totally possible. Surprising but possible.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Getting it together will be a much bigger challenge this year considering several of our best pitchers are out. Fox is doing the best he can do with what he as left, and the guys are giving max effort.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Just a really weird year. 3 clear tiers as follows:

Tier 1 - UT

(big drop off)

Tier 2 - Ark, UGA, maybe Vandy?

(smaller drop off)

Tier 3 - everybody else

There really isn’t much separation at all in that 3rd tier. Anybody could sweep a series from anyone else in that grouping, and none of the teams are that bad (or good). For the most part, the best and worst conference records are largely determined by who has and hasn’t played Tennessee.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login