Talked to Dixon today

GINASFS

Mar 3, 2008
He said he hit a single his first time up, then two home runs, then he came up for his fourth at bat. Before the half inning started, a Brandon fan "allegedly" came up to the Terry dugout and told someone they were going to hit Rashun. Then the catcher said the same thing to Rashun before the at bat.

Terry was ahead 9-3 (wound up being the final), and the pitcher threw behind Rashun and then at his head, and THEN he pegged him. Rashun didn't charge the mound, but made his way towards it before turning to first and walking to first. The catcher tried to get in the way and then the short stop started yelling something at Rashun. The Terry coach then pinch ran for Rashun and sat him out the rest of the game..

As for Rashun showboating on his first two; he normally hams it up and stomps the plate. It'll be interesting to see what happens next time because Terry plays Brandon two more times, including next week.</p>

M

MsuD00D

I'm sure we'll have a Rebel once again show up to tell us what really happened. Interesting that whenver something allegedly happens involving an MSU athlete, it is ALWAYS a Rebel that sets us straight on what "really happened".

AnalRetentiveReb

Feb 15, 2007
the person who told me is a Brandon parent and doesn't have a school of choice in Mississippi. There are two sides to every story. Personally, I'd believe the Brandon side.

GINASFS

Mar 3, 2008
I'd probably believe the guy who was the focal point of the action and the other 3 baseball players in the room telling the same story.

That's just me.</p>

Nov 11, 2007
on a 6-A team in Alabama, just a few years ago. Passionate player, leadoff batter, leading base stealer, all that stuff.

But, in discussing on-field incidents with him after the fact, I love my son, but his version sometimes differed from what I saw from the stands. Perhaps, it was just perspective, time and space.</p>

I'm not lending great credence to the witness of the player. I'd rather see a video of the incident, or incidents in the whole game.

Regardless, the older brother had no excuse for showing up after the game with his posse, to challenge the other player. Here's where Croom's demand for character has a test.</p>

RCD</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login