OT reports saying Iran

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If we just show this to Putin I think it would fix everything

They know that we have the Baba Yaga right? Ask Theon Greyjoy about him.
john wick lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 2

Reactions: HailStout

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I know what their “doctrine” is but most of them are hypocrites and pussies.

they aren’t gonna put their money where their mouth is. They may pay or coerce some retard into doing it but that’s it

mix Hamas, hezbollah and many radical Palestinians in with this
It's usually good to take fanatics at their word when that word is dangerous, especially when they are in charge of a country.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
IMG_2291.jpeg

^ this17ing guy again? You could have at least gone the Goat route and made your new name backwards...incorrectly.

Can't say I disagree with your post though.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Crimea happened in 2014 under the disastrous foreign policy of Obama/Clinton. Obama talked about "red lines," and Putin laughed and crossed them without repercussion.

Not sure of your point with Iran. They like to lob missiles. In that case they were butthurt because Trump had just killed Solemani like the dog he was.

Iran and Russia were kept in check for four years because they were both being choked monetarily and were crippled. That's how you show strength. You pull the levers that you can control. Biden gave Russia their pipelines which enriched them. He demonstrated weakness in Afghanistan which emboldened them. And now he's throwing more money at Ukraine than at his own military. Iran was able to fund Hamas and Hezbollah thanks to lifted sanctions and US taxpayer money sent to them under Biden/Harris. Four years ago they were in a box and Israel was signing peace treaties with middle eastern countries through the Abraham Accords.

Instead of practicing revisionist history, you should probably education yourself on ACTUAL history.
The ground work for where we are now was in the last two Presidencies and the current one. ALL THREE will ultimately be seen as utter disasters when it comes to foreign policy.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You need to study brics and the collapsing petrodollar. Bad days ahead
We have worse days ahead unless we are bailed out by something like an AI fueled explosion in productivity or some huge biomedical breakthrough that extends productive years, but again, we're not in a unique position and not in a worse position than Russia. Russia's per capita income is just over half of the US's on a PPP adjusted basis. Short of a civil war and/or collapse of government, the US is going to be better off than Russia for the foreseeable future.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
As a follow on to the "geopolitical/military experts" and recent SNL comments, every time I see any "war coverage" and specifically Brit Hume or Wolf Blitzer I think of this. I'd forgotten how funny the entire sketch was.
"Scud" needs to make its comeback on here.

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I have seen some crazy arguments and head scratching opinions on this board over the years, but the fact that people are actually arguing about who is in a better position between the United States and Russia is unreal. Where do some of you people get your news?

Pravda

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
And you believed Putin about that?
Why shouldn’t I? I dare you to mention the Russian dossier. You know, the one manufactured by the person who sold Putin our uranium. I mean, there’s so much of a gap between those two guys that liberals had to fabricate a connection and are still doing it. 🙄

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I have seen some crazy arguments and head scratching opinions on this board over the years, but the fact that people are actually arguing about who is in a better position between the United States and Russia is unreal. Where do some of you people get your news?
I haven't made the argument that Russia is in a better position than we are. There's a lot of dishonest "putting words in peoples' mouths" coming from the same people who generally can't win an argument on merit because their positions are indefensible so they have to misrepresent the other position.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have worse days ahead unless we are bailed out by something like an AI fueled explosion in productivity or some huge biomedical breakthrough that extends productive years, but again, we're not in a unique position and not in a worse position than Russia. Russia's per capita income is just over half of the US's on a PPP adjusted basis. Short of a civil war and/or collapse of government, the US is going to be better off than Russia for the foreseeable future.
Our population is still growing due to immigration. Immigration is NOT a bad thing at all. It just needs to be LEGAL immigration.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I haven't made the argument that Russia is in a better position than we are. There's a lot of dishonest "putting words in peoples' mouths" coming from the same people who generally can't win an argument on merit because their positions are indefensible so they have to misrepresent the other position.
You have made the argument that things are going as they planned in Ukraine have you not?

Jul 11, 2024
It's usually good to take fanatics at their word when that word is dangerous, especially when they are in charge of a country.
Fanatics?
Like paying reparations?
Like open borders?
Like taxing unrealized gains?

maybe you are right. We should take them at their word!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Pretty sure that's referencing 85Bears, not you.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Correct. With Australia a distant number 1. From there, it’s a matter of heavily fortifying Southeast Asia and expanding from there.
I always liked Central America and Brazil to fortify my base. It was easier to move on to North America and Africa from there than trying to take Asia next.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
No one is going to even try to rebut these two points, instead just name calling and dodging?

1. Russia expected to conquer Ukraine in weeks, but nearly 3 years later they are bogged down in a stalemate with no victory in sight. This is a disaster for Russia.

2. For decades, Finland (which Russia considers rightfully theirs) has been terrified to join NATO at the fear of provoking Russia, and Sweden has been too up its own *** about how superior and neutral it is to join NATO. Now they both changed their mind and joined, and that's also really bad for Russia - two formerly neutral counties flipped to being in an explicitly anti-Russian alliance.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You have made the argument that things are going as they planned in Ukraine have you not?
No I have not. I said it has become a stalemate and Russia is perfectly fine with keeping it there right now while we keep shoveling money into it. Folks like you turned that into "this is what Russia planned." Par for the course.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No one is going to even try to rebut these two points, instead just name calling and dodging?

1. Russia expected to conquer Ukraine in weeks, but nearly 3 years later they are bogged down in a stalemate with no victory in sight. This is a disaster for Russia.

2. For decades, Finland (which Russia considers rightfully theirs) has been terrified to join NATO at the fear of provoking Russia, and Sweden has been too up its own *** about how superior and neutral it is to join NATO. Now they both changed their mind and joined, and that's also really bad for Russia - two formerly neutral counties flipped to being in an explicitly anti-Russian alliance.
There's been plenty of rebuttal but you don't want to hear it. On your first point, it's disastrous for Ukraine and for the US, who continues to fund Ukraine as well. Russia has learned now that a stalemate is beneficial because it's becoming a political football and weakening the west. Maybe Russia learned the lessons from Vietnam that so many here have forgotten.

On your second point, that is ceremonial. When Finland starts kicking in cash then you'll have a talking point.

Reactions: paindonthurt17

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Crimea happened in 2014 under the disastrous foreign policy of Obama/Clinton. Obama talked about "red lines," and Putin laughed and crossed them without repercussion.

Not sure of your point with Iran. They like to lob missiles. In that case they were butthurt because Trump had just killed Solemani like the dog he was.

Iran and Russia were kept in check for four years because they were both being choked monetarily and were crippled. That's how you show strength. You pull the levers that you can control. Biden gave Russia their pipelines which enriched them. He demonstrated weakness in Afghanistan which emboldened them. And now he's throwing more money at Ukraine than at his own military. Iran was able to fund Hamas and Hezbollah thanks to lifted sanctions and US taxpayer money sent to them under Biden/Harris. Four years ago they were in a box and Israel was signing peace treaties with middle eastern countries through the Abraham Accords.

Instead of practicing revisionist history, you should probably education yourself on ACTUAL history.
Biden didn't " Give Russia pipelines" that was Trump giving Russia/OPEC Oil "deals" to help him get re-elected / lower gas prices. It cost the US oil industry 300,000 jobs, 2 refineries, and a hole we are still digging out of. Also for Russia to get money from Nordstream2, it has to be operational. Which it isn't.

Biden pulled out of Afghanistan on the Trump selected timetable. When he invited the Taliban to Camp David on September 11th to negotiate the withdrawal. .

Cite for Biden giving Ukraine more than $898 Billion this year. I show us giving them ~$175 billion and we are the ones selling them the weapons. We are paying US companies.

The money Iran got was not us taxpayer money. it was in a swiss bank and was money Iran

Iran was crippled in 2016, and had severe sanctions and very rigorous surprise inspections of military and nuclear facilities by western officials, Then Trump canceled the deal. And Iran had weapons grade material a year later. Having Nukes made Iran " More Bold"

you should probably educat(e) yourself on ACTUAL history.

Jul 11, 2024

If those countries are safe AND not in NATO and Russia doesn’t invade Ukraine, that’s better than those countries joining nato and Russia invading Ukraine.

FACT

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Biden didn't " Give Russia pipelines" that was Trump giving Russia/OPEC Oil "deals" to help him get re-elected / lower gas prices. It cost the US oil industry 300,000 jobs, 2 refineries, and a hole we are still digging out of. Also for Russia to get money from Nordstream2, it has to be operational. Which it isn't.

Biden pulled out of Afghanistan on the Trump selected timetable. When he invited the Taliban to Camp David on September 11th to negotiate the withdrawal. .

Cite for Biden giving Ukraine more than $898 Billion this year. I show us giving them ~$175 billion and we are the ones selling them the weapons. We are paying US companies.

The money Iran got was not us taxpayer money. it was in a swiss bank and was money Iran

Iran was crippled in 2016, and had severe sanctions and very rigorous surprise inspections of military and nuclear facilities by western officials, Then Trump canceled the deal. And Iran had weapons grade material a year later. Having Nukes made Iran " More Bold"

you should probably educat(e) yourself on ACTUAL history.
You are 0 for 6 on facts in this post. You should probably turn off MSNBC.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
No I have not. I said it has become a stalemate and Russia is perfectly fine with keeping it there right now while we keep shoveling money into it. Folks like you turned that into "this is what Russia planned." Par for the course.
You never exactly spelled that out and have only when repeatedly called on it. You are also assuming your second sentence is gospel. It's not. They are shoveling even more money into
It, and from a much smaller pile. They are banking on lack of will from the West. They can not outspend is if we stay the course. That's how Reagan beat the Soviets.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There's been plenty of rebuttal but you don't want to hear it. On your first point, it's disastrous for Ukraine and for the US, who continues to fund Ukraine as well. Russia has learned now that a stalemate is beneficial because it's becoming a political football and weakening the west. Maybe Russia learned the lessons from Vietnam that so many here have forgotten.

On your second point, that is ceremonial. When Finland starts kicking in cash then you'll have a talking point.
Finland is already kicking in cash. They have a very formidable military. Their strategic position has complicated Russia's strategic position in a BIG way. I swear I don't think some of you have ever looked at a map.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You never exactly spelled that out and have only when repeatedly called on it. You are also assuming your second sentence is gospel. It's not. They are shoveling even more money into
It, and from a much smaller pile. They are banking on lack of will from the West. They can not outspend is if we stay the course. That's how Reagan beat the Soviets.
This is nothing like when Reagan beat the Soviets. It's not even remotely similar. You completely defeat your argument when you say stupid stuff like that.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
How so? You still haven't explained why Russia is fighting a war of attrition if Ukraine's military is in ruins.
lol

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Finland is already kicking in cash. They have a very formidable military. Their strategic position has complicated Russia's strategic position in a BIG way. I swear I don't think some of you have ever looked at a map.
Cite it. Make sure you demonstrate % of GDP as required for membership in NATO, and then compare it to what we're paying.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is nothing like when Reagan beat the Soviets. It's not even remotely similar. You completely defeat your argument when you say stupid stuff like that.
Well, you just argued that this was about spending, and that is EXACTLY how Regan defeated the Soviets. You are clueless.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login