&tate script logo making its way everywhere

patdog

May 28, 2007
MState and the banner are going to slowly be gone from athletics. They're going to strictly be educational/university related. Not sure about athletic facility signage changing soon though. That's expensive.
I doubt it's going away completely for athletics. But it's definitely being deemphasized and the &tate logo is going to be the main athletic logo for a while.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The MState logo is synonymous with the 1996 Final Four team, Mullen, Dak, Williams, Stans and Schaffer. The most successful eras of MSU football, Women's and Men's basketball.

Also, the MState logo appeared at midfield of Scott field in 1997 and MSU football experienced its most successful 4 years in modern history to that point.
Is it though? I went to pretty much every home game in 96, Lexington for the Elite 8 and the Final Four. And it wasn’t until I googled Erick Dampier Ms State that I realized they had the banner on the shorts.
Also anyone my age that doesn’t associate mid to late 90’s football with the interlocking MSU must be on the Banner M payroll.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Men's basketball had a different State script - which I also like.

Thanks HailState Unis.
State Basketball Unis

Looking at that site, I REALLY wish we'd re-incorporate the "Maroons" into some of our branding. I think that's such a cool throwback nickname.
There is a REALLY good reason to not do this...

Ma·roon
noun
noun: Maroon; plural noun: Maroons
a member of any of various communities in parts of the Caribbean who were originally descended from escaped slaves.

But I really like the Script State logo. I hope we market as State more.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The answer imo, ‘96 helmets, ‘95 jersey/pants

This should pretty much sum it up for everyone. Banner M has been there for the ups and downs but it is the most consistent branding we’ve had during the last twenty years. It works. The best alternative helmet decal IMHO is the bulldog head.

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I doubt it's going away completely for athletics. But it's definitely being deemphasized and the &tate logo is going to be the main athletic logo for a while.
This should pretty much sum it up for everyone. Banner M has been there for the ups and downs but it is the most consistent branding we’ve had during the last twenty years. It works. The best alternative helmet decal IMHO is the bulldog head.
Correct on both of these. Banner needs to stay on most things, because it's our recognizable brand. It probably should stay on the basketball uniforms and on the 50 yard line. State can be used some, like on football helmets, and a baseball jersey.

We can have multiple emblems.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Is it though? I went to pretty much every home game in 96, Lexington for the Elite 8 and the Final Four. And it wasn’t until I googled Erick Dampier Ms State that I realized they had the banner on the shorts.

MState was on the floor at mid-court of the Hump for the 95-96 season.

No, Jackie years will always = skinny MSU to me. Point is, MState was associated with MSU football before Croom.

People who says it is a Croom/Templeton logo are not being honest. Because it was around before Croom and long after. Byrne doubled down on the MState in 2009 with official branding and the introduction of the Mullen era.

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
I was playing around with an idea to use the State script but distinguish us from other "States". It's simple so I'm not sure why nobody had thought of it before.

Attachments

• State.jpg
    State.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: PK Dawg

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Faulk is gay, but prollly doesn’t deserve all the hate for MState bashing

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login