Taylor Edwards no longer with football program

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Director of player personnel. No idea what this person actually does, but all the articles say he was a key member of the recruiting staff and that it's a significant loss.

If he's involved in recruiting, maybe it's not a bad thing that a change is being made there.

gamecox4982

Jan 21, 2022
Its not like we’re winning 10 games a year… However, we’re the type of program the NCAA goes after, one that can’t win more than 5 or 6 games a year and a AD that will cow down to the NCAA.. Other teams like Tennessee and NC get caught with hands in the cookie jar and they tell the NCAA to take a hike and nothing happens

Last edited:

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Been hearing that name for quite a while, so he's been here a long time. But yeah, is any loss really that significant if we can't break out of 5-6 wins?? Hopefully Beamer upgrades....

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Been hearing that name for quite a while, so he's been here a long time. But yeah, is any loss really that significant if we can't break out of 5-6 wins?? Hopefully Beamer upgrades....

Per 247, it's a major change. But, I agree. If we'd been reeling in top 10 recruiting classes, I'd be worried.

We're recruiting about where we always have, so I can't imagine he's irreplaceable.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Was he caught tampering with a player from another team?
This is what was told to me. A player from another SEC school transferred here with assurances of a certain amount of NIL money. Perhaps because the player didn't perform up to expectations, and indeed didn't play much, the money wasn't forthcoming to the extent the player thought was promised.

The player's girlfriend approached Edwards with texts on the player's phone between Edwards and the player concerning the money and Edwards' early contact with the player (the player was first contacted before he was ever in the portal). In an attempt to secure the money, payment was demanded by the girlfriend, who threatened to expose the matter if the money wasn't proffered.

From there, this affair became known (either from Edwards or the girlfriend) to the athletic department. The result was the separation of Edwards from the university.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Baseballgirl20

Joined Oct 6, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 1, 2022
Yes. And that player transferred here with assurances of a certain amount of NIL money. Perhaps because the player didn't perform up to expectations, and indeed didn't play much, the money wasn't forthcoming to the extent the player thought was promised. The player's girlfriend approached Edwards with texts between himself and the player concerning the money and the coach's early contact with the player. Money was demanded by the girlfriend. From there, this affair became known through some means to the athletic department. The result was the separation of Edwards from the university.
I don't think that's entirely accurate. But no one who would have access to information has put anything out there yet so it's hard to say.

May 28, 2024
This is what was told to me. A player from another SEC school transferred here with assurances of a certain amount of NIL money. Perhaps because the player didn't perform up to expectations, and indeed didn't play much, the money wasn't forthcoming to the extent the player thought was promised.
And this only happens and results in consequences at USC? We know better than that.
Do we just handle these things stupidly?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
And this only happens and results in consequences at USC? We know better than that.
Do we just handle these things stupidly?

Are other schools having this issue and we just don't notice? Would we notice if Minnesota fired their players relation coach?

The problem that I see is that we supposedly promised a certain amount of money ey and then didn't pay. That gets around and our portal issues will intensify.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Are other schools having this issue and we just don't notice? Would we notice if Minnesota fired their players relation coach?

The problem that I see is that we supposedly promised a certain amount of money ey and then didn't pay. That gets around and our portal issues will intensify.
The problem is that certain things being practiced now are not of a sort that smart people leave paper trails when executing them..

Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
The problem is that certain things being practiced now are not of a sort that smart people leave paper trails when executing them..

Yes. Smart people don't leave paper trails. We did, apparently.

I was bringing up the money issue as a totally different problem. We don't want to be known as the program that promises money and doesn't deliver.