TCU forfeits their upcoming 2 games due to injuries.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Kinda my thought, at least without knowing more.

Run what you brung.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This is becoming kind of a thing in women’s basketball. There have been a few games over the past few years that have been postponed or forfeited because a team didn’t have enough available players. Covid used to be an excuse, but that’s not an excuse anymore.

ETA: A story I read said they were down to six scholarship players. That’s still enough to play a game with a few walkons getting minutes. Sounds like they just wussed out of two probable arse kickings. Last year, Arizona State’s women’s team forfeited two games due to “lack of players.”

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, I read a couple players that played this past weekend are now injured. Thats still enough to play and have subs, but I do understand a decision needs to be made at some point to not play and risk an overuse injury to one of the remaining healthy players.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
This is becoming kind of a thing in women’s basketball. There have been a few games over the past few years that have been postponed or forfeited because a team didn’t have enough available players. Covid used to be an excuse, but that’s not an excuse anymore.

ETA: A story I read said they were down to six scholarship players. That’s still enough to play a game with a few walkons getting minutes. Sounds like they just wussed out of two probable arse kickings. Last year, Arizona State’s women’s team forfeited two games due to “lack of players.”
Probably an opportunity for them to save a little money too, if we're being honest.

Reactions: DawgInThe256

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Actually, the number may have been 46 instead of 56. Lots of players out with covid.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
A lot of schools don’t use all 15 scholarships - it’s really too many. Sam only used 12 initially but now down to 10 since Parker got hurt and Thames left. When Gony got hurt that took us to 9 and we’ve played a few games at 7-8 due to other injuries

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
That's weak. Their athletics dept should not allow that, nor should the Big 12 conference office.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
In Rick Ray’s first year we took 7 scholarship players to Maui. Got absolutely destroyed for three games. But we played.

I bet against us 3 games in a row and made very easy money 3 games in a row. UNC absolutely demolished us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login