Tecovas

Cresswell Dawg

Jul 4, 2019
Anyone have a pair of Tecovas? If so how is the quality and size? They look nice as Lucchese and half the price.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I have 2 pair and love them. They ran a half sized too big for me but they are really good with the exchange process. They even put a return/echange form in the package when they ship. I'm now wanting a third pair of their ostrich skin

Last edited:

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I’ve heard they are true to size. Have thought about and even had a pair in cart, but never checked out.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Got a pair of cordovan classic calf skin Lucc's about 12 years ago for Christmas. I honestly hardly wear them anymore, but the comfort is unbelievable. The classic line is way better than 1883. I think Tecovas would probably compete with the 1883 line favorably. At a nice discount.

Now my favorite boots are my Dan Posts. If you are looking for something to where everyday, they cannot be beat in my opinion. Take a little longer to break in, but they never break down.

I have spent an abnormal amount of time over the last decade walking on concrete in dress(ish) boots. For the first half of the decade I was in lumber sales walking lumberyards around Texas and they are all concrete. The second half I spent walking miles a day as a commercial concrete estimator. I got my Dan's resoled twice with a nice looking vibram rubber sole. The uppers held up like nobody's business. Man I love em. Just put em in storage for the winter.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
Ive got two pair of ropers - one calf and one ostrich. I sized down 0.5 size on calfskin and once they stretched became one of my most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I did not size down on the ostrich because they are not supposed to stretch as much, but I wish I had. Gotta wear thicker socks with them.

Both are extremely comfortable boots and I have had zero regrets.

skip dog

Nov 15, 2005
Anyone have a pair of Tecovas? If so how is the quality and size? They look nice as Lucchese and half the price.

I just bought a pair of "Anderson Bean" boots in tag boar hide and I am beyond impressed at comfort and break in. Looked at Tecovas a lot, and just kinda felt that I would not be happy.

I'll definitely buy another pair of their boots if they stay at this quality.

in my closet now:
-Tony Lama cognac Ostrich: 9 years old (love them)
-Dan Post ostrich: 31 years old (only break out for when **** kickers needed)
-Ariat work boot: biggest piece of junk I have ever bought, and remain in my closet to remind me to think twice before buying based on price

DawgNsuds

Jun 4, 2007
Have Anderson Bean as well, absolutely love them also Lucchesse Ostrich which I love slightly less

I just bought a pair of "Anderson Bean" boots in tag boar hide and I am beyond impressed at comfort and break in. Looked at Tecovas a lot, and just kinda felt that I would not be happy.

I'll definitely buy another pair of their boots if they stay at this quality.

in my closet now:
-Tony Lama cognac Ostrich: 9 years old (love them)
-Dan Post ostrich: 31 years old (only break out for when **** kickers needed)
-Ariat work boot: biggest piece of junk I have ever bought, and remain in my closet to remind me to think twice before buying based on price

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You can't be a new 2021 Yellowstone urban cowboy without Tecovas

TankOwens

Sep 21, 2012
quality is great and overall comfort is good. My tried and true Justin's that I have had resoled twice fit a little better though. Typical boot size is a 9 1/2 (regular) but the Tecovas are a little loose in the heel if I don't wear thicker socks (toe box is perfect). I would recommend. I have the Jake and really like them. The calfskin of the other roper style seemed really soft and I was scared that I would mess them up too quick. Pull the trigger.

bulldawg989

Dec 29, 2019
I went through the same 'should I?' for a good bit, finally ordered a pair of ropers in scotch goat and have been nothing short of impressed. Great fit and look, very pleased with them. I have a couple of pairs of Justins for work and the Tecovas are way more comfortable. I second the thought on Ariat, trash boots.

They released a square toe today that looks nice.

BigWorm.sixpack

Mar 1, 2019
I got a pair two years ago as a Christmas gift. Actually wanted the black lizard but got the black ostrich instead. They are perfect! Didn't have to break them in one bit. Very soft and comfortable and look like $1000 boots for around $325. I normally wear a 10.5 in Adidas tennis shoes and normally a 10 in most dress shoes. These are size 10 and the fit couldn't be any better. Got the matching belt a few months later and happy with it as well.

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
Interesting thread, suggestion for someone with a wide-foot? I'm normally a EE, sometimes a EEE on size, and my limited experience with boots was too narrow for my Fred Flinstone feet.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I have 3 pair tecovas and 1 pair of luchesse. The tecovas leather is very good quality and the sizes are true for me. Love em.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for weighing in. I have a pair of Luchesse goat skin that I love. They were comfortable from the start. Have some Thursday Boots, good also but more of a chukka. Also have some really good ones from John Doe Shoes. Been looking at Tecovas. May need to get a pair.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login