Tennessee Titans New Stadium Funded

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
$2.1 Billion is a helluva price tag for a roof that doesn't even retract.

Here are the designs:

Looks like they're angling for Super Bowls and a CFP game. Music City Bowl might have a little higher profile in about 5 years.
It'll never be built on time.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I would love to see the calculations on return on investment for the city. Doing an indoor venue that can host all weather concerts will help and I assume Nashville has become such a destination now that it can routinely fill up stadium concerts. They should get a Super Bowl soon after (assuming the NFL still rewards localities that provide public money for stadiums?); not sure how much revenue that generates for a city. They should be a popular location for NCAA tournament games if the venue is decent as a basketball venue (usually converted football stadiums are not great though).
I cant remember where, but I heard that one of the concepts for the new stadium is to have "artist's in residence" like they do in 'Vegas.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Who's casting the bait on this forum? Conservatives start the politic threads and turn posts political the VAST majority of the time on this board. There's just simply more conservative commentary to respond to around here.
aaahh real monsters nicksplat GIF

‘Are you five?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Desoto is right. I recall Memphis put in the bid for a NFL team and lost out to Charlotte and Jacksonville. Then the Oilers moved to Nashville and temporarily played In Memphis.

however everyone In Memphis was talking about the Oilers becoming permanent but the talk was as foolish and desperate as the Memphis Tigers to the sec talk around that time.

Reactions: Dawgg and Jacknut

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Nashville news is also talking about developing 300 acres on the east bank along with the stadium as residential.

It is absolutely incredible the new buildings downtown and the new buildings going up.

In my opinion to compare Memphis and Nashville is laughable. The aren't even in the same league.

Reactions: Dawgg and WilCoDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Agee, LOL. How many people really know what happened with JFK's assassination? Probably none or a handful that are likely dead. Same with the Oilers move to Memphis. Of course, there's always the internet to tell you the truth and actual details. Right?
The mystery of the oilers leaving Houston for somewhere in TN is definitely right up there with JFK assassination*****

I never knew this was such a conspiracy theory that you couldn’t trust the media reports on it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login