Texaco gas station in Jackson murdering people

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Buying a piece of land doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want ya know.
"whatever you want" = owning a legal business?

If MY land is appropriately zoned for 'whatever I want to do', you can bet your sweet *** I can do 'whatever I want to do'.

Now, if my customers are causing a problem -- go ahead, arrest them. Post a police officer out there. They are citizens with certain rights, but those rights come with certain responsibilities. If they are breaking the law, go for it. If I break the law, fine me or arrest me. But other than that, I can run my business.

RebelRH

May 2, 2013
This is a slight highjack but since you all are talking about this type of event how come no outrage over the mass shooting in Indianola a week or so ago that left 3 dead? I think around 14 shot. No suspects, no news, nothing.

Or did it get discussed and I just can't read German?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
"whatever you want" = owning a legal business?
No.
If MY land is appropriately zoned for 'whatever I want to do', you can bet your sweet *** I can do 'whatever I want to do'.
Agreed. As long as you follow all regulations. Which may change on you!
Now, if my customers are causing a problem -- go ahead, arrest them. Post a police officer out there. They are citizens with certain rights, but those rights come with certain responsibilities. If they are breaking the law, go for it. If I break the law, fine me or arrest me. But other than that, I can run my business.
Yes. But lawful business can turn into a nuisance for the community, which may adjust their regulations or laws as they seem prudent.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This is a slight highjack but since you all are talking about this type of event how come no outrage over the mass shooting in Indianola a week or so ago that left 3 dead? I think around 14 shot. No suspects, no news, nothing.

Or did it get discussed and I just can't read German?
Because, despite what some folks here think, not everything that happens in the world needs a discussion thread on this message board… and “outrage” threads usually last about 2-24 hours before getting locked.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
No. I don't "believe" I didn't change my argument. I literally did not change it. Are you about to get your period, or are you just naturally a prick?

Why did The Dock get shut down in Ridgeland? Why can that govt shut down a drunken hangout spot, but not Jackson?
Aww. How sweet. I'm getting a comma too. Might have to report you to HR for such a misogynistic comment, though.

"Why can that govt shut down a drunken hangout spot, but not Jackson?" But the article doesn't mention that's what's going on. Are you beginning to assume something about some of the people who go there?

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
That Texaco station must have the largest selection of malt liquor in the city. Colt 45 Double Malt is really popular.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Aww. How sweet. I'm getting a comma too. Might have to report you to HR for such a misogynistic comment, though.

"Why can that govt shut down a drunken hangout spot, but not Jackson?" But the article doesn't mention that's what's going on. Are you beginning to assume something about some of the people who go there?
I said at the beginning that that's my guess. The article doesn't really say anything, as per usual. If that's not the case, I'd lean towards Stokes being an idiot (a safe guess from past statements from him).

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
malt liquor 90s GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login