Texas A&M CC Basketball Game Thread

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
54-39, 5:00 to go.

I think the use of so many guys had kept us fresh and it's paying off down the stretch.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Poor guys who watched the first half and JUMPED ship. They are weak as rain water. State has turned it up in the second half. Threes ain’t Falling for our offense. They will. Defense is good. Rebounding is good. Give Jans time before you jump straight through you a*s.9

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Any reason in particular that we swapped the home and visitor benches? There a loose girder above the old home side or something?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Any reason in particular that we swapped the home and visitor benches? There a loose girder above the old home side or something?
I like it. That makes the opponent attack the student section end in the second half.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'd say so far this ain't a bad start to the year. There is a LOT of effort, and they kept it up even when the shots weren't falling. Richard Williams will be proud of this one I think if he is still doing radio. This is a better opponent than your usual 1st game too.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
A 19-point win with a new coach is not good enough against a tourney team. Plus those shoes. Gold doesn't go with maroon and white. No fashion sense. If Jans doesn't bring in Tim Gunn I'm done with our noodlehead coach.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That's a good start to the season. Very impressive the last 25 minutes of the game.

That was not a very good opponent, but they certainly weren't MVSU. They were very capable of beating us, as they showed early.

Jans has me fully onboard.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Solid start for our Rook. I'm proud and happy for him but most of all I'm Happy for Myself. (Sports God Encourages selfishness, narcissism, uncontrollable and unobtainable fantasies.)

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
He has to win 25+ games this year, if not hes a total failure. He doesnt believe in NIL.

he’s on the hot seat if he doesn’t make the elite eight.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
2/3 of our points were layups. The rest were 1 out of every 4 three point attempts and 1 out of every 2 free throws.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Poor guys who watched the first half and JUMPED ship. They are weak as rain water. State has turned it up in the second half. Threes ain’t Falling for our offense. They will. Defense is good. Rebounding is good. Give Jans time before you jump straight through you a*s.9
Who knew you could have guys around the goal while people were shooting? Anyone can rebound when they are multiple teammates where the ball drops. ****

Enjoyed the effort and the results.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Who knew you could have guys around the goal while people were shooting? Anyone can rebound when they are multiple teammates where the ball drops. ****

Enjoyed the effort and the results.
Agreed. It was a shaky start, but I’m excited to see how this season shakes out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Didn't watch any of the game. But the team we just beat by 19 returns all 5 starters from a 23-win NCAA tournament team and is picked to win its league this year. Good start by Jans.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I listened to the post game interview with Jans, Richard Williams and Neil.

I really like his direct style in answering questions. Plenty of personality and no BS.

You can tell RW already has a ton of respect for the dude. Praised him for how hard he had everybody playing on D. Jans was having little of it. Said they can be better.

RW said he's one of those coaches who is just never satisfied, and that's a good thing.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
A 19-point win with a new coach is not good enough against a tourney team. Plus those shoes. Gold doesn't go with maroon and white. No fashion sense. If Jans doesn't bring in Tim Gunn I'm done with our noodlehead coach.
We haven’t even discussed his recruiting! To my knowledge we’ve never even sniffed a Final Four without a player nicknamed “Big Country”. I checked the roster and even with the transfer portal available we have nobody by that name. We need a coach who knows how to use the transfer portal!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm Happy and all you Biches can suck it. I'm gonna get a warm contented 7 hours whether the biches want otherwise. Can't WAIT 'till my coffee.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login