Texas punishments announced by SEC

Dallas-Cock

Feb 7, 2022
  • Assessed a financial penalty of $250,000;
  • Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;
  • Review and update its Athletics Department game management procedures and alcohol availability policies to prevent a recurrence of Saturday night’s disruption, which shall include an evaluation of agreed upon SEC Sportsmanship, Game Management and Alcohol policies to verify full compliance with existing standards, and
  • Following completion of this review, the University shall provide a report to the Conference Office to summarize its efforts to identify and penalize offenders and its plan to enact policies to prevent future similar incidents while ensuring compliance with Conference standards.

Reactions: moouclem

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
  • Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;
  • Review and update its Athletics Department game management procedures and alcohol availability policies to prevent a recurrence of Saturday night’s disruption, which shall include an evaluation of agreed upon SEC Sportsmanship, Game Management and Alcohol policies to verify full compliance with existing standards, and
  • Following completion of this review, the University shall provide a report to the Conference Office to summarize its efforts to identify and penalize offenders and its plan to enact policies to prevent future similar incidents while ensuring compliance with Conference standards.

I don't remember them fining us. Am I mistaken?

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
And *NONE OF THIS* will address the root cause:

Atrocious officiating.

Other than that, great job Texas.
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Reactions: 92Pony

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I have never really understood this. There is nothing any school can do to possibly keep tens of thousands of fans in check. What available resources could they possibly have used to prevent what happened? You can’t.

I suppose you could try to kick out the people who threw stuff, but even then you won’t be able to successfully identify every single person.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
And *NONE OF THIS* will address the root cause:

Atrocious officiating.

Other than that, great job Texas.
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco
I differentiate between "root cause", which in this case resides within a person's character, and "catalyst", an event that prompts a reaction based on whatever the person's character type.

Reactions: Uscg1984

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
I differentiate between "root cause", which in this case resides within a person's character, and "catalyst", an event that prompts a reaction based on whatever the person's character type.
This is a fair read I think. I might say there are two root causes here: systemic poor officiating and systemic poor fan behavior. Then a catalytic event from one prompting the release of evil angels from the other.

Regardless, defiling the field of play undoubtedly reflects poor character by all who did so. It's vandalism at its base level, disrespectful to the workplace of hundreds (thousands?) of people, and puts the health and safety of all in the vicinity at risk. Ridiculous.

Reactions: KingWard

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login