Texas Roadhouse

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
There are quite a few options on the way to Tampa. I’d like to hit 2-3 over the holiday weekend. Any suggestions as to which along the I-10/I-75 corridor I should try. Home base is in Pensacola so no need to suggest that or Milton.
thanks in advance
PK dawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
There are quite a few options on the way to Tampa. I’d like to hit 2-3 over the holiday weekend. Any suggestions as to which along the I-10/I-75 corridor I should try. Home base is in Pensacola so no need to suggest that or Milton.
thanks in advance
PK dawg
You're gonna pass a literal shitload of Ryan's and Golden Corrals. Eat liberally and regale us with stories when you get back.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
thanks in advance
PK dawg
I wouldn’t suggest the Pensacola because that one is garbage compared to Milton. Milton one rules!

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
There is a 24hr waffle house type diner/strip club off of 75 before you get to Ocala.
You’re talking about Cafe Risqué? Ain’t bad but nothing compares to the cinnamon infused honey butter rolls at TRH.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Kick Lucy GIF

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
If there’s one thing Florida has plenty of, it’s $hitty restaurants. I honestly have no recommendations for you.

St. Pete has some good Spanish options, but the ride down will suck.
I’m about to leave the coast headed that way and you’re right about the drive - not looking forward to it. The stretch of I10 between Pensacola and Tallahassee is almost as boring as I65 between Mobile and Montgomery. Have an audiobook ready to go…

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’m about to leave the coast headed that way and you’re right about the drive - not looking forward to it. The stretch of I10 between Pensacola and Tallahassee is almost as boring as I65 between Mobile and Montgomery. Have an audiobook ready to go…
I just back from visiting my daughter and her family in Orlando and I10 and I75 south is brutal. Tip on I10 get gas in Miranna.

Reactions: 77Dog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Texas Roadhouse is just as good if not better than the more expensive steak houses I've eaten at. I drove to Tampa once and chose the longer more scenic route down the western leg and remember eating well along the way if you like seafood. If given the opportunity, I'd live on Ana Marie Island in a heartbeat.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
10 is definitely a boring drive, but Lord, I'd drive it all day before I had to take 75 south in Florida for anything. That thing is a damn death trap from Lake City to Orlando.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When my son moved to Huntsville he lived close to a TRH. There was always a line. Never been to one but I can’t imagine standing in line at a chain steakhouse.
The one in Southaven is packed all the time. I’ve eaten there a couple of times a long time ago. I’m not going to wait forever for a chain restaurant.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
thanks in advance
PK dawg

I've never heard of the place, looks like a Logans Roadhouse clone to me

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There is a legit good Cuban bakery in a gas station in Ocala. It's at the same exit as the big Daddy Don Garlett's Museum of Drag Racing.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The amount of food & restaurant snobbery on this board often makes me wonder if some here actually attended our beloved Cow Tech.

I've rarely been unhappy with the value for good food often found at chain restaurants. I've probably been unhappy more often at expensive places that don't deserve the prices they charge.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
TRH has a legit steak, or at least the ones I’ve eaten at. I generally avoid steaks at chain restaurants but I’ll order one at TRH. Haven’t been disappointed yet and I’ve had steaks that cost twice as much that I can’t say that about.
Best steak money can buy in Reno, NV.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Im so confused about this thread.
Someone is actually asking for TRH locations along the route to Tampa ?
And they’re serious about it ?
Or is this another SPS joke that I haven’t somehow seen in the last 15 years ?
So many good restaurant options and great hole in the wall locations in Florida for this to not be a joke right ?!?!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Im so confused about this thread.
Someone is actually asking for TRH locations along the route to Tampa ?
And they’re serious about it ?
Or is this another SPS joke that I haven’t somehow seen in the last 15 years ?
So many good restaurant options and great hole in the wall locations in Florida for this to not be a joke right ?!?!
One can only hope it's a joke, but folks on this board have recommended Arby's for fast food, Buc-ees for brisket, Old Crow as the best value in bourbon, and cooking fries at McDonalds as a wise career path in recent months.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login