Texas Roadhouse

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
The amount of food & restaurant snobbery on this board often makes me wonder if some here actually attended our beloved Cow Tech.

I've rarely been unhappy with the value for good food often found at chain restaurants. I've probably been unhappy more often at expensive places that don't deserve the prices they charge.
They don’t have to be expensive. In fact some of the best local places are cheaper than chains. But my question is why drive to Tampa (or elsewhere away from your home) and then eat at the same place you can eat near your home? Makes no sense….

Reactions: InTheIttaBenaHotSun

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
That's why I always stick to Cap'n D's!
Ain’t gonna lie…I like me some CapnD or LJSilvers every couple of years. I love that batter style and Malt Vinegar. The formerly questionable quality has gone down the last decade though.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
They don’t have to be expensive. In fact some of the best local places are cheaper than chains. But my question is why drive to Tampa (or elsewhere away from your home) and then eat at the same place you can eat near your home? Makes no sense….
It makes sense woozy

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
The amount of food & restaurant snobbery on this board often makes me wonder if some here actually attended our beloved Cow Tech.
brother, I ate 100’s of prepackaged B-Quik hamburgers in my day. Such a unique taste.
But there are very few, sit down, chain restaurants I would choose to go to with any other options available. Especially right now. They’re even worse. My wife had some weird affinity for Outback, and I actually enjoyed some of their stuff in the past(Alice Springs Chicken..holla) , so one night we stopped into one near us, on a whim.
Dear Lawd, it was a **** show, from service to food…

The other “chain” the wife has an affinity for is a Sizzler. We did stop at one in Marion, NC a few years ago and it wasn’t bad. I’m assuming some of these legacy chains in small towns maintain much better quality than chains in larger cities.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
There is a 24hr waffle house type diner/strip club off of 75 before you get to Ocala.
Are you possibly referring to the Cafe Risque? It is located at the I75 exit that I take to get to my sister's house out in horse farm country near Micanopy. Been in there a couple of times. Ate lunch there once. No alcohol is served there, as that was required by local government to put a strip club there. There used to be a huge number of billboards along I75 that said "Cafe Risque - We Bare All", but those have been taken down now I believe.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Are you possibly referring to the Cafe Risque? It is located at the I75 exit that I take to get to my sister's house out in horse farm country near Micanopy. Been in there a couple of times. Ate lunch there once. No alcohol is served there, as that was required by local government to put a strip club there. There used to be a huge number of billboards along I75 that said "Cafe Risque - We Bare All", but those have been taken down now I believe.
That is the establishment.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Several years ago we did a 4-5 day Guy’s only motorcycle trip up through the Smokies and back down through the Carolinas and Georgia. First nights meal just happened to be at a Cracker Barrel and the next morning we had breakfast there because was right in front of the hotel. What started as a joke that when we got hungry we had to find a Cracker Barrel became the Cracker Barrel Tour. Out of all the trips I’ve done it is probably the most memorable simply because we organized Our route around being at a Cracker Barrel for every meal. We ate every meal there and that trip still comes up in conversation to this day.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Update:
Making our first stop at TRH - Tallahassee. 15-25 minute wait. Will be worth it! Many Dawgz seen on I-10.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Only thing missing in downtown St. Pete is an authentic Texas Roadhouse!
Hail State

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I used to have an Electric smoker, it was a jerky making machine. I give the pellet guys crap but I’d probably have one too if I had room for it.
Easy bake ovens suck!!!!

Attachments

• 21A71016-C654-4D80-8097-A0BF761205B9.jpeg
    21A71016-C654-4D80-8097-A0BF761205B9.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Only thing missing in downtown St. Pete is an authentic Texas Roadhouse!
Hail
Well, you are in Florida. Could it really be authentic?
post Covid Florida is the highest concentration of Texans outside of Texas.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Hit up the TRH in Irving, Tx this week. The shrimp skewers over rice were fabulous, but the fresh baked rolls with cinnamon infused honey butter take the cake!

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
1682719259392.jpeg
I’m aware you aren’t going to disney, but in case you are willing to take a detour, here ya go.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Hit up the TRH in Irving, Tx this week. The shrimp skewers over rice were fabulous, but the fresh baked rolls with cinnamon infused honey butter take the cake!
I know we generally have a rule for responding to old threads. But if you are going to keep us updated with various TRH reviews across the US. This will be an amazing thread over the years.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Taking the family up to North Carolina for the heat of summer. I’ve done the research and there are little to no TRH in the blue ridge mountains (sad!). We will of course take advantage of the ample options in the Atlanta metro on the way, but I need food recs for Beech Mountain area. Preferably restaurants with steak and fresh baked rolls with cinnamon infused honey butter - all at an absolutely fabulous value as well. Thanks in advance!
PK Dawg

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You're going to have to start carrying your own honey cinnamon butter for situations where there is no TRH. We are going to need to see pics of you break out your own butter at a random restaurant.

Downey's seems to be the CHB to beat.

Downey's

Reactions: PK Dawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
When my son moved to Huntsville he lived close to a TRH. There was always a line. Never been to one but I can’t imagine standing in line at a chain steakhouse.
Longhorn stays packed in Madison. It’s a mystery to me

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I fear TRH-Chattanooga will be the last I see for 30+ days. She was a Beauty though! Highly recommend that location along with all others.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I've often wondered if the green beans are just as good at other TRH's outside Fort Worth. The filet I had night before last was as good /bettern swankier joints I've been to.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Why isn't there a TRH or Ryans in Madison county? Even a Marcus Pizza would be great. Ely's and Tico's can wreck a retired guy's budget pretty quick.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I fear TRH-Chattanooga will be the last I see for 30+ days. She was a Beauty though! Highly recommend that location along with all others.
Have you ever hit TRH in Pensacola? The one in Pcola is mid, but the one in Milton is the tits!

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I've often wondered if the green beans are just as good at other TRH's outside Fort Worth. The filet I had night before last was as good /bettern swankier joints I've been to.
TRH steak > Al Biernat’s for 1/8 the price. Never had a green bean that wasn’t 10/10 or higher - from Reno to Tampa!

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I typically just grab rolls from the take out window in Pcola. $2.68 for a half dozen will damn near feed the whole family
You need to add a mess of the green beans for a more balanced meal. The green beans are off the charts good at TRH.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login