Thank God we missed on Billy Napier

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Florida looks horrible. They may seriously go 4-8 or 3-9 this season. Utah was missing its starting QB, starting TE and about 3-4 defensive starters and absolutely dominated. Gonna be a long season in Gainesville.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Exactly! and this is why the utes have as much claim to # 14 as vandy does! they shoulda rolled the gators at home by fiddy if they were all that. I think the utes are a solid to 40 team though, No disrespect.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Exactly! and this is why the utes have as much claim to # 14 as vandy does! they shoulda rolled the gators at home by fiddy if they were all that. I think the utes are a solid to 40 team though, No disrespect.
If Cam Rising had played they would’ve rolled Florida by about 30. I thought Utah did a good job rotating the backup quarterbacks and playing to their strengths. Rising is an All Pac 12 player and Utah probably would’ve have won something like 40-11 if he had played.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Florida looks horrible. They may seriously go 4-8 or 3-9 this season. Utah was missing its starting QB, starting TE and about 3-4 defensive starters and absolutely dominated. Gonna be a long season in Gainesville.
Did we miss on Napier?

or is that just what the media said?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m not sure why Napier sticks in my crawl so much, but his handling of his climb up the coaching ladder still just bugs the hell out of me to this day. While successful at Lafayette, it’s not like he had built some powerhouse by any stretch, and if you go back and look at his 9+ win seasons, they were constantly scraping by on a near weekly basis

To then spend two years turning down SEC programs for major promotions so that you could hold out for some dream job is just bizarre. In fact, it’s beyond bizarre for someone that hadn’t proven jackshit up to that point

Anyway, I’m not exactly saying that I’m pulling for him to fail, but it sure won’t bother me if he does. At least in the SEC

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Good. Now we should go after Waller and Daniels. I know we don't necessarily need RB's but Daniels is in our backyard. We probably couldn't pull Waller either way but it's nice to dream.

Wegdawg

May 11, 2017
He’s done. Back to G5

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I knew Napier was a moron when he took a knee on 4th down against us in New Orleans with time left on the clock before half and tried to head to the locker room.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If this is the end for Napier, it's probably the end for Mr. Brooks Brothers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login