That Murphy 3 reminded me of some of mid 2000 games in loudness…

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s good to see the resurgence in basketball support this season. We’ve had four sellouts in SEC games and been close a few other times. The Hump can be an intimidating place to play when it’s full and loud.
And it wasn’t even full. Still incredibly loud.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It looked full on TV. What parts didn’t have fans? Even to be close to a sellout for an 8pm Wednesday game is very good.
There were quite a few empty seats in the lower sections behind both benches but it was scattered throughout. Crowd still brought it though. Very loud from my vantage point.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s good to see the resurgence in basketball support this season. We’ve had four sellouts in SEC games and been close a few other times. The Hump can be an intimidating place to play when it’s full and loud.
And it wasn’t even full. Still incredibly loud.
So, you're telling me that Cohen did the right thing by remodeling the Hump, and that all those fans that bltched about him being cheap were idiots?

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
The Hump was awesome last night.

And Ole Miss’s basketball version of Trooper Taylor (towel waiving coach) needs to be punched in the nads.
Why is it they feel the need to be over the top annoying in every sport?

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
When the Ole Miss player fouled out and pulled the sit/not sit business while the fans were chanting him back to the bench, the camera guy happened to pan to the student section where half of them were throwing the bird toward the Ole Miss bench. He got off of that pretty quick, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
My wife and I got to go to the game last night (thanks GoingforTew for the tickets). The atmosphere reminded me of the 90's when the Hump was freaking Loud. I loved it. As far as the seats there will always be empty lower level seats until someone makes the decision that folks can move to them after a certain time in the game. The students were great and for the most part the crowd around me was good and loud. This was my first time back in the Hump since the remodel. I thought it looked good, concessions were a lot faster and the overall atmosphere and experience is better.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My wife and I got to go to the game last night (thanks GoingforTew for the tickets). The atmosphere reminded me of the 90's when the Hump was freaking Loud. I loved it. As far as the seats there will always be empty lower level seats until someone makes the decision that folks can move to them after a certain time in the game. The students were great and for the most part the crowd around me was good and loud. This was my first time back in the Hump since the remodel. I thought it looked good, concessions were a lot faster and the overall atmosphere and experience is better.
Completely agree. Went to the Arkansas game last Saturday, which was my first time there since the renovation, and they did a really good job with it. The new entrance is very nice and the concourses are actually wide enough for the crowd to walk through. The new suite area looks nice too, although I’m not nearly a high enough roller to get in there.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
My only complaint with the remodel is that you can’t hear a word the PA guy or DJ or refs are saying since they ripped off the panels on the roof. That has to be addressed.

Outside of that, I think it was a good remodel. Way more cost effective than building a new, smaller arena. The Hump was built the right way the first time…. The seats are so much more spacious than the old Tad Pad, etc…. Hell, way more spacious that the AAC in Dallas.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
My only complaint with the remodel is that you can’t hear a word the PA guy or DJ or refs are saying since they ripped off the panels on the roof. That has to be addressed.

Outside of that, I think it was a good remodel. Way more cost effective than building a new, smaller arena. The Hump was built the right way the first time…. The seats are so much more spacious than the old Tad Pad, etc…. Hell, way more spacious that the AAC in Dallas.
What panels? The panels I'm thinking of have been gone since 1998.

Reactions: VegasDawg13

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I hope that towel waver on their bench gets an uncomfortable but treatable rash.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
What panels? The panels I'm thinking of have been gone since 1998.
Hmmm, maybe. But, there was not an issue with the PA system back then that I can recall. Maybe it was Flick’s shrill, nasal voice that carried the whole thing.

If you sit in the upper decks, you may as well be listening to Charlie Brown’s teacher relaying critical info. It’s indecipherable…. Was the same last year mid-construction. But, that was my first trip back since the Stansbury era…. I just don’t remember it being the problem it is now.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Hmmm, maybe. But, there was not an issue with the PA system back then that I can recall. Maybe it was Flick’s shrill, nasal voice that carried the whole thing.

If you sit in the upper decks, you may as well be listening to Charlie Brown’s teacher relaying critical info. It’s indecipherable…. Was the same last year mid-construction. But, that was my first trip back since the Stansbury era…. I just don’t remember it being the problem it is now.
I couldn't understand somethings last night on the upper deck but I don't have the best hearing to start with having tinnitus. I asked my wife what was said or what the students were chanting several times and she usually could decipher.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login