That was quick. 14 in a row for Lemonis.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This has gotta be a joke. A really bad joke. LLLLLLLLLemonis is just pretending to coach this team. Foxhall needs to be fired today and if LLLLLLemonis isn't smart enough to see that, him too

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I was wrong. I didn’t think there was any way it could tank bad enough a second year in a row to get Lemonis fired. It absolutely can and we may be trending toward that being the likely outcome.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So it continues to be bad we were begin conference play. Things really haven't improve with our pitching in Fieldings, and now we're playing against decent competition.

I know Mississippi State baseball fans. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he is coaching for his job the next couple of weekends

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Honestly I think I’m done just blaming Fox. Our defense is also terrible and our hitting hasn’t been good this weekend.
We've shown some signs of life at the plate it's part of having a bad weekend but our pitching and fielding just continues to be awful

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Fire everyone now.
We all understand your position. You post it once an inning… give it a rest. He won’t be fired during the season. I agree with you that’s it’s time to move on. However, he won a championship 2 years ago and that to me earned him the right to not be embarrassed by being fired mid season. He clearly needs to go buy firing him mid season does no good.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
We all understand your position. You post it once an inning… give it a rest. He won’t be fired during the season. I agree with you that’s it’s time to move on. However, he won a championship 2 years ago and that to me earned him the right to not be embarrassed by being fired mid season. He clearly needs to go buy firing him mid season does no good.
I’ve never once called for Lemonis firing until today. It’s evident he has lost the team.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This season is no doubt shot up a wild hogs a$$. I say fire him and Foxhall and name Gothrow as interim. What do they have to lose ??

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yeah. There's a LOT more wrong with this team than just pitching.
Yeah, it’s truly hard to name anything this team does well. Hit home runs that’s about the only thing we do decent.

The roster is an absolute mess. We seemingly only recruit pitchers that are power pitchers with big fastballs, and nearly all them have control issues. Highfill, Hines and Alford are best suited for a DH spot or maybe outfield. It’s embarrassing that as an SEC team we have the level of catching talent that we do.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I can only think of one word that describes our pitching fielding and hitting...

Sloppy

We have such an undisciplined approach as a team. It's like we have definitely regressed instead of progressed.
Yeah. That last play was a perfect example. The ball is hit into the 43 hole. 1B comes off the bag to make a play. Pitcher doesn't recognize it and loafs off the mound. Causing the 1B to have to get back to the bag but too late. Runner is safe and moves runners into scoring position for next double. Just sloppy AF.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I didn't think we'd get rid of Lemonis this year, but, unless there's a miracle or his buyout is too much, there's really no point keeping him another year. This is a truly awful team. Rick Ray level bad.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I didn't think we'd get rid of Lemonis this year, but, unless there's a miracle or his buyout is too much, there's really no point keeping him another year. This is a truly awful team. Rick Ray level bad.
I don’t know what his buyout is. But it’s not too much. If he doesn’t turn it around this year, he’s toast.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I didn’t think we would either but you could make a case this team is worse than last year. I’m still not convinced we fire him this year but unless there is a big change, he deserves to be fired.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Ha. Nice piece of hitting by Hines. Terrible base running gives them out 2. Which cost us a run on the next AB.

patdog

May 28, 2007
2 outs and we don’t cover first on a ball hit the hole. Next guy hits one into RF corner.

We are a bad baseball team.
Baserunning how have we not even mentioned that yet. Slow runner thrown out easily trying to stretch a single into a double. This may be the worst baseball team I’ve ever seen (T ball excluded).

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Pitching staff doing their best to get everybody warm after 7 innings.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Fire everyone now.
KY is probably going to end up just a hair above us in the conference. They haven’t played anybody all season. Obviously, we’re in the lead for dead last.

Owning the schools longest conference losing streak EVER only strengthens the case to scrap the entire staff. We’ve given sLem plenty of time to make it work, and he’s failed miserably.

If/Once we lock up a losing season, they all need to be fired on the spot. No point in waiting around. We’re gonna find out what Selmon is made of.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login