That was quick. 14 in a row for Lemonis.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wild pitch… run scores
Passed ball.. run scores

Before games we should take infield to Benny Hill music.
Benny Hill What GIF

Thanks! Now I'm gonna hear that in my head every time the ball is hit to our infield.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Plenty of folks saw the writing on the wall last year (and some got banned for telling it). Glad it’s obvious to everyone now.
raises hand as one who got slammed for talking about player mis-evaluation and lack of development last year

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Fire everyone now.
I usually slow to jump on the fire coach bandwagon but this weekend has been an embarrassment. If something doesn't change quickly, I will be for making a move mid-season.

On a positive note, the softball team seems to doing well.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
raises hand as one who got slammed for talking about player mis-evaluation and lack of development last year
I kept my mouth shut last year but once the season was over, I started raising hell. To not even make the SEC tournament and steadily get worse each weekend should be caused to fire. I am looking at the schedule and I don't see three SEC wins this season.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Someone on the other board posted we've scored 61 runs in this "streak" and our opponents have scored 150 !

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I'm being honest when I say this, but it looks like bad middle school baseball. Not good middle school baseball, but bad. We are supposed to be a top notch, blue blood college baseball program. This is unacceptable and it starts at the top. I don't know if Lemonis just was never any good or what, but man this is downright embarrassing. I could go get a couple of little league coaches and do just as good. I'm sure he has the rest of the season, as I don't think our new AD will make a hasty, in season firing, but he better get this shat fixed quick or he's done at the end of the year. We have to much invested in our program from facilities and support to let it get like this.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
KY is probably going to end up just a hair above us in the conference. They haven’t played anybody all season. Obviously, we’re in the lead for dead last.

Kentucky is better than people think and looks like they could be a regional 2-seed or something, but they aren’t nearly good enough to explain the past two performances. All three games this weekend should have been competitive at a bare minimum. Embarrassing is the only word to describe it.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
We all understand your position. You post it once an inning… give it a rest. He won’t be fired during the season. I agree with you that’s it’s time to move on. However, he won a championship 2 years ago and that to me earned him the right to not be embarrassed by being fired mid season. He clearly needs to go buy firing him mid season does no good.
He lost that right with last years result. Let’s hope that with warmer weather… this team starts producing…. Otherwise he has lost the team and the fan base as well.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He lost that right with last years result. Let’s hope that with warmer weather… this team starts producing…. Otherwise he has lost the team and the fan base as well.
I agree he’s lost the fan base. I’m not sure about the team or not. Maybe but we will see. But again, I would be very shocked if he’s fired mid season. Not really sure the benefit of that anyway.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I agree he’s lost the fan base. I’m not sure about the team or not. Maybe but we will see. But again, I would be very shocked if he’s fired mid season. Not really sure the benefit of that anyway.
firing him mid-season wouldn't benefit MSU and it definitely wouldn't benefit the search for a replacement. he deserves the chance to pull this out of the ditch the rest of this season. it's in a deep gully, though.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We’re not doing a mid season firing of our only national championship winning coach across all sports. I realize people are pissed but he’s at least earned the opportunity to try and right the ship this season, barring some off field shenanigans. It may prove futile but you don’t pull the plug before the year is over. And he may do enough to warrant one more year.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
We’re not doing a mid season firing of our only national championship winning coach across all sports. I realize people are pissed but he’s at least earned the opportunity to try and right the ship this season, barring some off field shenanigans. It may prove futile but you don’t pull the plug before the year is over. And he may do enough to warrant one more year.
So you're saying "look I know he set our house on fire but lets give him a chance to put it out " ? LOL

Reactions: PhredPhantom

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He's definitely coaching through this year, but then he really needs to go at this point.
Unless there is some crazy turnaround and we end up winning a couple of regional games, he should not get another year.
We don't look like a team and we sure ain't playing SEC-caliber ball. And haven't since Tanner and Rowdy got us a title.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Depends on what you mean by a mid-season firing. Of course we're not going to fire him now. But if this thing keeps spiraling downwards, we might make the move in early May. These things sometimes get to the point where cutting a coach loose is more merciful than letting him finish out the season.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It looks for all the world like he lost the team a long time ago.

I dunno. These past 2 games have arguably been the worst we’ve looked over the past 2 years. It’s hard to remember now, but in the middle of April last season we were 23-17, 8-10 SEC, had just taken 2 of 3 in Oxford, and were still very much in the regional picture. That went downhill from there, but this year’s group which is almost entirely new faces was at least a competitive group that had bad moments but still showed the gumption to bounce back and recover in the next game to a certain extent. All that changed on Saturday and Sunday though.

Reactions: patdog

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Baserunning how have we not even mentioned that yet. Slow runner thrown out easily trying to stretch a single into a double. This may be the worst baseball team I’ve ever seen (T ball excluded).
Exhibit #143 - how many times has Hines been gunned down trying to stretch extra bases? I can think of 5 off the top of my head. Unless he can get to the base easily standing up for the love of dead injuns quit sending the slowest guy on the team for extra bases.

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
UK had a nice approach at the plate, taking pitches up the middle and punishing mistake pitches. Our batters, on the other, hand, hit lazy ground balls because we only know one approach: swing big.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
I dunno. These past 2 games have arguably been the worst we’ve looked over the past 2 years. It’s hard to remember now, but in the middle of April last season we were 23-17, 8-10 SEC, had just taken 2 of 3 in Oxford, and were still very much in the regional picture. That went downhill from there, but this year’s group which is almost entirely new faces was at least a competitive group that had bad moments but still showed the gumption to bounce back and recover in the next game to a certain extent. All that changed on Saturday and Sunday though.
You could be right. Yesterday is about the only game I've actually watched most of this season, and it looked about as bad as anything I've ever seen from a college baseball team. But something happened in mid-April last year and it's happening again now. The team just quits.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We all know football has never been our wheel house. When's the last time we lost 14 SEC games in a row?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm not on the mid season firing as I think that would not go well but it is time Selmon start doing some sniffin' around. Wouldn't mind if he had some private one on ones with some players and assistants either if this schit continues.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login