The Bullpen

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Our bullpen has only given up 4 earned runs in the past 29 innings.
They haven't given up multiple earned runs in a single inning since the 4th inning of the Saturday Georgia Southern game.

I don't care who our competition has been, that is VAST improvement over the past couple of years. Kudos to Justin Parker.

Apologies for the non-negative baseball post. Carry on.

Last edited:

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Technically, last night's starter was a bullpen guy before last night (it was his first start). His ERA last night was 36. Maybe we should keep him in the bullpen.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Technically, last night's starter was a bullpen guy before last night (it was his first start). His ERA last night was 36. Maybe we should keep him in the bullpen.
He's been a weekend starter at Miami the past 2 seasons. Granted, he hasnt been great for us this year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pitching is definitely the bright spot this season. No All-Americans but a lot of well coached pitchers who can attack the strike zone and get outs. The improvement is night and day.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I think you mean Georgia Southern. But, your point stands; our bullpen is much improved.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Pitching is definitely the bright spot this season.
I think infield defense deserves a tip of the cap too. Between Kohler, Cupp, Mershon & Larry on the infield, I don't remember an error while fielding a ball. The handful of errors have been throwing errors (mainly on relays & rundowns)

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login