The case for Rogers in the NFL.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I think in order to get a decent draft rating this year he will need an unbelievable year with maybe 10 wins, which I hope for. More realistically a good year this year and an even better one next year and he will be ready to go. Obviously it will be Sawyer taking his place. Then Locke or Parson ? He has gotta win some games tho. Beat Levis out

FlyMaroon

Oct 29, 2012
I just rewatched some of Sawyer's highlights and forgot how good he is. I used to think Texas HS football hype was overrated but he's on another level at that age.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Here is the thing. Will would need to beat either everyone on the schedule and get to the playoffs. He gets to the playoffs, he will be drafted. If not, then well he can try again next year.
Unless, he beats Bama and GA. That would be huge. Either way, he needs to become a force in the league and beat the best of the best and look good doing it.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
I just rewatched some of Sawyer's highlights and forgot how good he is. I used to think Texas HS football hype was overrated but he's on another level at that age.

Yep, that is why we need Rogers to win 10 this year, and get drafted. I want our team to be the best at all times. To be the best, our players are going to have to show out. So, yes I want to win 10-11 games. Might as well hope for 12-0 to start the season.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Here is the thing. Will would need to beat either everyone on the schedule and get to the playoffs. He gets to the playoffs, he will be drafted. If not, then well he can try again next year.
Unless, he beats Bama and GA. That would be huge. Either way, he needs to become a force in the league and beat the best of the best and look good doing it.

What? The NFL absolutely does not give a **** if he gets to the playoffs. 75% of his draft stock will be based on physical tools and athleticism. The other 25% will be his decision making / mental make up. That’s gonna be what they are looking at regardless of whether he’s 0-12 or 12-0.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020

Stetson Bennett won the natty and is 24 years old. Why isn’t he in the NFL?

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Georgia won the natty in spite of Stetson. He does not have the passing ability to go any further. Will has to prove he can get it done in the SEC, not win the SEC. If he wins 9 or 10 and looks good doing it, somebody will draft him. He will have to take over some games tho to prove he has what it takes. He has enough size, laser accurate, intelligent and a leader. He needs to show a little athleticism too

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
This history of air raid qbs in the NFL is going to work against him when it’s time for teams to evaluate him.

I’d love for him to have such a great year that he generates some buzz but he still need to improve in a lot of areas before we start talking NFL.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
I think Will has a future as an NFL backup because he can go through reads & execute an offense.

I watch so much NFL where, even starters, drop their heads & run after the first read isn't there, that surely Will has some value as a dependable backup. He'll never be a starter, but I can absolutely see a Cooper Rush type career in his future

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here you go.

"Its hard to judge his arm strength when he's only throwing it 4-8 yards down the field."

Feel better?

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I was reading one of the camp updates or something and they were talking about a play where Zavion Thomas went deep and couldn't catch up to Will's pass. He is pretty fast so he can chunk it. No report on if he had to ice his shoulder afterwards but as many passes as he throws he can't be very weak.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login