The dreaded players only meeting.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Definitely means the worst is yet to come. Nothing good has ever come after a players only meeting except for in a movie.
Will Ferrell Agree GIF

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If we get our a tail kicked again this weekend, I’d imagine there will be several players more focused on the transfer portal and some coaches probably talking to their agent about getting them out of Starkville.

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
Don't jump to the dark side so quickly my younger alumna... It was a player's meeting after a blowout homecoming loss to USM in 1980 that turned MSU from "eh" to "Wow!" -- including that famous 6-3 upset of the No.1 Tide. Sometimes it requires a little "encouragement" from the seniors to the youngsters to get their heads together.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Don't jump to the dark side so quickly my younger alumna... It was a player's meeting after a blowout homecoming loss to USM in 1980 that turned MSU from "eh" to "Wow!" -- including that famous 6-3 upset of the No.1 Tide. Sometimes it requires a little "encouragement" from the seniors to the youngsters to get their heads together.
Or declare a mutiny
Mad Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Maybe they'll decide to pool their NIL money for a new, less Offensive Coordinator of the Offense.

I kid, I think?? Hell, who knows....

Reactions: Doghaus

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
So Will called a players only meeting. That can only mean 2 things. Either this is the day everything turns around or this is the day it all completely turns to sh**.
They're already in the *******. I don't see how it could get worse.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I could've sworn several times in past baseball seasons, some players' only meetings had discernably positive results; 2nd half surges, deeper than expected tournament runs, and even a CWS 2013. Clearly the 22, and 23 seasons and meetings were disasters.

Did I imagine their being meetings when that wasn't the case?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripp McNeely

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Well, to make it game-week related, the Cocks had a players-only meeting back in '92 when Steve Taneyhill was their QB (and good ole Sparky Woods the HC), in the days leading up to our game with them. Ole 4-1 MSU rolled into Columbia to play the 0-5 Gamecocks. Well, the mulleted wonder must have led a rousing players-only meeting, because did it ever work. They got their first win, and we make headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Maybe some players daughter was selling girl scout cookies and they finally came.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We need a coaches meeting, that includes new offensive staff...
I will say it again. When you hire an OC, he should be the one bringing in his people. We did the opposite. We hired a OL coach and then a WR coach before we hired an OC.

Theres a video from this weekend where 2 Veteran OTs are pulling..... they pulled in opposite directions. That OL is very confused on what they are doing. I have seen the center straight up move to help a double team while the blitz is running right over him.... untouched to the QB.

In another part of the country, a coach kicked off about 55 to 70 players. The new staff has that team humming! They know what they are doing on assignments, on routes, on blocking, on defense!

70 new players that had to learn that offense.... in the same time frame that our very veteran team is lost.

It's coaching

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I will say it again. When you hire an OC, he should be the one bringing in his people. We did the opposite. We hired a OL coach and then a WR coach before we hired an OC.

Theres a video from this weekend where 2 Veteran OTs are pulling..... they pulled in opposite directions. That OL is very confused on what they are doing. I have seen the center straight up move to help a double team while the blitz is running right over him.... untouched to the QB.

In another part of the country, a coach kicked off about 55 to 70 players. The new staff has that team humming! They know what they are doing on assignments, on routes, on blocking, on defense!

70 new players that had to learn that offense.... in the same time frame that our very veteran team is lost.

It's coaching
Prime has 86 new players on that team... Crazy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login