The Faked Injury Epidemic

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I'm surprised that with the ever-increasing amount of fake injuries each year to get free timeouts that nothing has been done to combat it. You don't want to penalize for injuries, but it's almost always obvious when they do.

Fine the school, require the "injured" player to sit, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty, there's gotta be a solution that doesn't endanger actual injured players.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm surprised that with the ever-increasing amount of fake injuries each year to get free timeouts that nothing has been done to combat it. You don't want to penalize for injuries, but it's almost always obvious when they do.

Fine the school, require the "injured" player to sit, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty, there's gotta be a solution that doesn't endanger actual injured players.
It’s awful, but I’m not sure there really is a way to safely tell (legally or otherwise) someone they aren’t injured even when it’s obvious. I imagine the rules committee has thought about the swarm of Mama Justice/Richard Schwartz types that would descend on them the first time someone with an actual injury gets up and plays to avoid the sanction and “exacerbates” the injury.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Nothing screams pretentious a s s hole like seeing THE SIP in the end zone and that powder blue laying on the ground faking an injury. They are doing it again after Kentucky just converted a 4th and 8 for about 70 yards. There ought to be one huge referee with giant hands that gets to slap the shi t out of Lane Kiffy every time they do that.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Personally, they really can't do anything about it during the game, but all injuries should be reviewed, and if it is determined to be fake the coach should get a one game suspension.

They rarely ever take it upon themselves to do it, usually someone signalling them to dive. And even when there isn't, it's still telegraphed.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Nothing screams pretentious a s s hole like seeing THE SIP in the end zone and that powder blue laying on the ground faking an injury. They are doing it again after Kentucky just converted a 4th and 8 for about 70 yards. There ought to be one huge referee with giant hands that gets to slap the shi t out of Lane Kiffy every time they do that.

They had another one earlier in the game where Dart waved for his guy to fall down. I won't pretend like we haven't done similar, but it still needs to be addressed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They rarely ever take it upon themselves to do it, usually someone signalling them to dive. And even when there isn't, it's still telegraphed.
I am pretty sure on the one really obvious one where Dart pointed, and the guy went down was called through his helmet mic from the coach.

Reactions: ckDOG

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I am pretty sure on the one really obvious one where Dart pointed, and the guy went down was called through his helmet mic from the coach.

Record all coach to helmet mic audio and any suspicious injury should flag an automatic audit. Guilty parties should be punished heavily. If we do it, then we deserve to be penalized too.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I don't see why other teams just do it themselves when they are playing OM.... OK, OK, I know, virtually every other team has more integrity than OM.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Pretty simple to fix. Game stopped for injury, player is out for remainder of quarter no matter what.
Not sure about that extreme bc some are actually injuries but when a player is standing and all of a sudden falls down, absolutely make him sit 15 minutes of game time.
ANY injury or fake injury, your out 5 minutes of game time.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
When a player goes down and stops game play, the opposing team's coach (or one of the team captains currently on the field) should be able to designate one other player of their choice on the "injured" player's team to *also* be required to sit out the next play. After that play, everything goes back to normal. That would cut down on fake injuries.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If they are actually injured, sitting the quarter isn’t a punishment. It’s a safety measure.

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login