The fighting Schraders

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I can't think of too many other State players that I remember really rooting for after they left MSU, but I've made it a point for a few weeks now to find Syracuse games on the guide. I really, really hate that he didn't get a chance to be a career bulldog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Me you brother. No offense to Will, but I really liked Garrett. And he is shredding Clemson thru the air. We all know he runs like Fitz.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Me you brother. No offense to Will, but I really liked Garrett. And he is shredding Clemson thru the air. We all know he runs like Fitz.

I initially thought that he'd never have the accuracy to fit in Leach's offense, but I was surprised to find that he's got a 70% completion rate this year, and his passer rating is nearly 20 pts higher than Will's. Again, I hate that he never got a shot here after Moorhead.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’d rather watch Shrader than Rogers but obviously he doesn’t fit the Air Raid at all.
I generally think criticism of the air raid is over done and our shortfalls are mainly talent issues, but if an offense can’t use a qb like a schrader, that is somewhat damning. Granted the air raid let’s us use a qb like will in the SEC, so I guess it’s give and take, but seems like you should always be able to use a qb like Schrader.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Good for him. He's the type of player fans admire and respect. Leach does have a certain type in mind, it seems. And he likes having a bunch of receivers including hard-working types with good hands. He may have turned Shrader into an NFL receiver.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Schrader's doing what the scheme asks from QB at The Cuse. Good game so far and I'm pulling for The Cuse but I'm thinking Clemson's gonna win. 2 turnovers and penalties have the the 11 point difference IMO thus far. OOPS there goes another Tiger TO.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Syracuse is playing awesome game he's just got to get everybody else to calm down because Clemson is shooting themselves in the foot constantly

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I generally think criticism of the air raid is over done and our shortfalls are mainly talent issues, but if an offense can’t use a qb like a schrader, that is somewhat damning. Granted the air raid let’s us use a qb like will in the SEC, so I guess it’s give and take, but seems like you should always be able to use a qb like Schrader.
You can.
Leach just refuses to do so!

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Love watching him play, I miss seeing that dude play for the maroon and white. Nice seeing a dude just make plays with his arm AND LEGS. Not a statue that just falls to ground or slides before a first down or possible touchdown

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I turned it on when it was 21-7. Both teams have looked bad since that point.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Let’s pump the brakes a little. Schrader has 105 passing yards in this game although does have 74 rushing yards. He’s a good fit for Syracuse’s offense but would never be a fit for a mostly passing offense. He would probably have been a good fit if Mullen had stayed but that’s water under the bridge.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Clemson just scored but threw an INT on the 2pt play. 21-16 Cuse. I like Schrader's toughness but let's be honest, the 4th just started and he's only got 111 yds passing. He's not someone you can count on to win games thru the air, right? But he does what the offense calls for based on what The Cuse runs I guess. Granted, they are playing Clemson.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Doesn't matter what Schrader does, the refs have got this.
They earned that first personal foul for hitting the running quarterback out of bounds but I'm not so sure about the next couple of penalties on Syracuse especially the holding call. That was kind of stretching it there because you can call that foul every time a player goes back to pass.

I can't for me to figure out why they didn't throw the flag when Schrader got shoved out of bounds.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah I know Clemson really start playing better especially when they put in the sub quarterback but some of these calls are laughable

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Dad gum, Shrader had a man all by himself in the back corner of the end zone when he threw that pick

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Cuse with .29 secs; ball at Clem 30; 1st & 10. Cuse down by 6

To make it STATE related; I was in the Carrier Dome in '86 when we beat The Cuse; Upstate NY is beautiful btw. Well Shat. Shrader throws the INT. ball game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login