The Founding Fathers would be HORRIFIED

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm going in to work on the 4th. Right now America doesn't deserve a holiday.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

speak for yourself schitts creek GIF by CBC

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
My employer just announced we're shutting down at noon tomorrow until Monday which meshes perfectly with my vacation plans. I'm celebrating US independence by going to the islands where we had a hand in overthrowing their monarchy before we annexed it as number 50. Flying there on the 4th and not coming back until the15th - my longest vacation ever.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
My employer just announced we're shutting down at noon tomorrow until Monday which meshes perfectly with my vacation plans. I'm celebrating US independence by going to the islands where we had a hand in overthrowing their monarchy before we annexed it as number 50. Flying there on the 4th and not coming back until the15th - my longest vacation ever.

Here's to you getting lei'd!

Happy Hour Sport GIF by US Open

Jan 4, 2024
So you planned the vacation JUST after the announcement?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Outage is over so we're back on 4 day work weeks. I'm Tuesday - Friday. Here today and tomorrow then not back till next Wednesday. If you're counting, that's sixst full days.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m sure due to to alcohol poisoning….from celebrating 50 years of the country they started.
Rumor has it that Honest Abe was the one with alcohol poisoning...a young Abe Lincoln celebrated this news bigly because he had those guys 1-2 in his dead pool.

(Yes i know, he was a toddler at the time. They built them different back then. Don't ruin the joke)

Jan 4, 2024
I’m sure due to to alcohol poisoning….from celebrating 50 years of the country they started.
Amazing how long some of them lived back then. Adams was 91 & Jefferson was about 83. Eating foods without 3 Paragraphs of schit that sounds like it's from Beverly Crusher's Star Trek medical lab helped out I reckon

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Since this thread started about July 4th, I wanted to mention something that is all about July 4th. I would invite all of you to research your family history to see if you qualify to join the Sons of the American Revolution. I am the Vice President/Genealogist for the Starkville chapter and if you are interested, I will assist you in any way I can. Just shoot me a PM.

National website
https://www.sar.org/

State website (which works on my phone but not so much on my laptop at the moment)
https://www.msssar.org/home.html

Who knows, you may be descended from one of the founding fathers. Personally, in my line, while I have some patriot grandfathers, I do not have any ‘famous’ grandfathers or grandmothers. However, I have found that one of my grandmothers several generations back was the great aunt of Rev. War generals Jonathon and George Rogers Clark and their brother William Clark of Lewis and Clark fame. I also found that one of my 5th great grandfathers is also one of Hugh’s Burner Phone’s 6th great grandfathers.

Even if you don’t want to join, it would still be worthwhile to check out your family history. Just get started on Ancestry then work your way back until you have someone generally born before 1760 and who lived past 1775. Then you can go to these websites to see if they are listed as a patriot.

The SAR patriot database
https://sarpatriots.sar.org/patriot/search/

or

The DAR patriot database
https://services.dar.org/Public/DAR_Research/search/?Tab_ID=1

If you find a match, just work your way backwards from the patriot after using supporting documentation such as previously approved SAR and DAR applications, wills, court documents, bible records….etc. until you get to 1850 after which the census may be used.

Just hope that this doesn’t pop-up during your Ancestry.com search like it did on one of the branches of my tree. Yeah, I dumped this chump. I had never heard of his last name anyway.
traitor.jpg